Wethermon
Last edited:

Crims

Wethermon
Last edited:

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Interesting. A few years ago there was a video of people who "didn't like cats" being introduced to several kittens at once. Most of them melted to some degree or other and some became cat people there and then. Incredible. I mean, how can anyone resist?!

Crims

Wethermon
On the go one (this'll be much more tough)
Rock is still good to Gen Z's ears
test
Canadians reactions to rock music
AC/DC

Last edited:

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Back in black, I hit the sack
I've been too long, I'm glad to be back
Yes, I'm let loose from the noose
That's kept me hanging about........

Can you hear the guitar licks? Humming....back in black now 😀

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Sacrilege, Arantor! 😲 Here's the proper, original version.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
But this is the one I really like. Just can't top this one.

Arantor

Sacrilege, Arantor! 😲
I don’t think it’s sacrilege at all, she has a very… tight… sound to her for her performance. I may have to watch it a few more times to study all of her rhythm…

Crims

Wethermon
The proper proper version

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I don’t think it’s sacrilege at all, she has a very… tight… sound to her for her performance. I may have to watch it a few more times to study all of her rhythm…
I was being tongue in cheek. I do think the original sounds better, although it still sounds good, but I must admit that the visuals have been markedly improved in the cover version...

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
@Arantor thanks for sharing an alternative to Back in Black. She's really a strong Alto...I think that's how she can get there with the lyrics and sound.

@Retro Listening to the original right now....feel like I'm back in their concert.....worth looking up the lyrics again too....and oh yeah....Highway to Hell....how many times has that song/lyrics resonated in our lives...lol :D

@Crims Thanks for sharing your Proper AC/VC version :)

Arantor

A narcissistic society creates autistic people
Autism isn't a product of nature vs nurture and the wrong choices being made; it's a product of nature. That said, a narcissistic society will prejudice against autistic people for certain, the best outcome there is 'merely' exploitation. of their nature.

Narcissism existed long before digital media, too, though I won't pretend that it does a certain amount of enabling.

Crims

Wethermon
Autism isn't a product of nature vs nurture and the wrong choices being made; it's a product of nature. That said, a narcissistic society will prejudice against autistic people for certain, the best outcome there is 'merely' exploitation. of their nature.

Narcissism existed long before digital media, too, though I won't pretend that it does a certain amount of enabling.
Thanks. I was hoping for a response regarding that!

The thread is that a narcissistic society creates a gulf in empathy, which results in a dynamic of either:

A: A avoidance of empathy
Such as those in a narcissistic environment, who find that empathy from others is a risk or hard. This is where I use enmeshment.
or B: A dismissal of empathy entirely
A environment of pure narcissistic behaviour could easily create what is described as disinterest in bond building.

My jump is that it results in aspergers by proxy. I'm basically going against conventional wisdom here and analysing the current environment. I chose enmeshment as it links family and society as a whole, and I've seen similar things in real life. It's a overly simplified view, for sure but it did drive my curiosity.

Last edited:

Arantor

Narcissists - actual narcissists - weaponise empathy; they make use of it, they don't want to avoid it or dismiss it, at least not directly. It's their principle vehicle of choice for creating victim narratives to convince others to buy into their agenda.

Those that have more of the Dark Triad - Machiavellism and/or psychopathy - do other things with the presence of empathy. Specifically, the psychopathic tendencies are the ones who will minimise the value of empathy, because they're generally incapable of it, while Machiavelli tendencies will err towards weaponising it for leverage, but less about framing it as a victim narrative and more about probing for weakness.

Aspergers is also not a behavioural condition that can be acquired, it is innate as are all spectrum conditions.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
To add to the discussion on Autism/Asperger's.........Asperger's is on the spectrum of Autism. I've found that most people do not truly understand Autism and usually only see what the media chooses to show what Autism looks like. There are many more people with Asperger's and most are truly brilliant people. High functioning autistic people are also often brilliant and you may not even know they are on the spectrum. Some people on the spectrum may appear to show narcissistic behavior, but most often it's not intentional. People on the spectrum respond to social settings or relationship conflict a bit different as most on the spectrum just need time and a bit of space as change or conflict is often unsettling. When you give them time to reflect, they can then make decisions when they are ready with ease.

People with the Dark Triad personality type, just run!

Arantor

Oh there were plenty of unfashionable moments in the 1980s, big hair, metal etc. (never mind that Queen’s most famous song was in 1975)

And don’t get me started on the 80s love of big padded shoulders in suits. It was ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom