Proof videos

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
..........but we looked so powerful in our heavily shoulder padded suits..........:ROFLMAO:

Crims

Wethermon
A good riff is written by nerds.
Alright so this is going to take some explaining. This took a while!
I chose from a algorithm website the closest bands to my two theoretical 'matching rock bands' Iron Maiden and AC/DC (Judas Priest, Megadeth, Dio/Black Sabbath, and Aerosmith, Airbourne, Guns N' Roses (easy win) and Van Halen). I'm not so biased with these bands, and it'll be more accurate. I'm only going to choose the nerds:
At least according to articles.

Van Halen - Hot For Teacher reaction
Aerosmith
Megadeth - Holy Wars modern reaction

^ looking for signs that someone with no interest in rock is getting into the music.
Particularly modern audiences, that have no experience with rock at all.

For those who want a much easier demonstration:
American listening to Arctic Monkeys

Last edited:

Arantor

I give you the bass line to Another One Bites The Dust, written by the bassist John Deacon who wasn’t just a musician, but also worked on the electronics for the amps etc.

Also I give you We Will Rock You, written by the guitarist Brian May who is now a PhD in astrophysics.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Or Brian Cox, band frontman to physicist and TV science presenter.

Crims

Wethermon
Capitalism is a prison

This is going to be a fun one. I'm not going to write arguments pro-capitalism, but deconstruct the serendipitous aspects of it.

Two types of capitalist. Consumer and the consumer mentality.

Last edited:

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
@Crims if you've got thoughts regarding capitalism, or any other system you'd like to share, we'd love to hear about it. If you like, you can write an article about it. :)

Crims

Wethermon
My theory is that consumerism as a cultural phenomenon is like kings in the UK's psyche. Kings are on par with gods.
Consumerism therefore has either people who are obsessed with the idea of infinite money, or live in a world where they are all about wealth transfer, like Mark Zuckerberg. In both cases, for opposite reasons, people are products intrinsically.

Last edited:

Crims

Wethermon
I'm going to do a longform for this one. I've noticed that the majority of studies are inaccessible, or ungoogleable.
So apologies for no videos, a lot of intellectual content doesn't stay on Youtube for business reasons.

Capitalism is a prison

The tldr version:
idiocracy is the world
corporations are cruel
people see capitalism as feudalism

Consumerism (below) and the regular person.

Consumerism has two facets which can be allegorically described as Idiocracy, and Animal Farm.
A. Consumerism, Idiocracy
Corporatism:
Corporatism (*) creates a view which isolates services, and social interaction without question. All growth has to primarily benefit corporations, and no one else. Unsustainable to human beings, and POV of a rich CEO who has infinite slaves as long as he can get rich quick. Humans =/= CEOs.
B. Commoditisation, Animal Farm
High level corporatism, where there are no humans, only money vessels ("CEO mindset"). If you are in a poor country, and a US business creates a franchise on your land, it is because you are poor, not coincidentally. Profit from poor, aim for weakness and be uncooperative.
EDIT For example, today. Company doesn't help doctors costs.

Humans aren't meant for that, obviously. Being in such a sum zero environment means no development culturally or intellectually unless it is competitive. However, the best way to study that is by examination of commodity with a regular person, as it is the under current of both of those.

Regular person
Aside from being a number ala the Prisoner (1967), barring any reference any industry which is primarily negative, only point at the self evident aspects.

1. Celebrity is bad.
2. The idea that a person is an idea, and infinitely commoditisable is to say that a person individually has no rights. And vice versa, the CEO has no rights within his job. Ideology failure, feudalism. At it's best ideological serfdom, and at its worst retribution.
3. It necessitates a constant low level of conflict at all times, so as to facilitate a perpetual retribution. (Sadly the studies on increases of inhumanity are on my phone). Here's a Naomi Klein 2007 video where she predicts a permanent crisis state.

In a brief.
Capitalism is a lot of scrupleless leaders within a serfdom, working at one time.
Corporatism sabotages cultural development. Corporatism necessitates celebrity and engenders false speech and dumbing language into marketable sloganism. There is no "market" for intellectual growth not done at a loss, or detrimental when dumbing people is safe, and the idea of empathy with a faceless perspective ala the Idiocracy mindset is falsehood.

New: New example of attempting to create conflict ala the Animal Farm example, from today.

My own pet theory for America, is that the police are hooliganism in their society/tribes. If tribes are the law, fear leads respect. Feudalism.
If you would like a culture that is a culture, and not a set of laws, I highly recommend being aware of it, and then mindfulness. Humans are humans, regardless of a system that imposes itself on the poor.

*As opposed to corporatocracy. Corporatocracy infers basic needs are met, which they usually aren't. Social needs aren't. This is an article debating the point, fairly well.

Last edited:

Crims

Wethermon
AI, opposed to VI, is only good for chatbots.

1. Patterns all the way down
2. Censorship and business interests
3. Google

(WIP)

Last edited:

Crims

Wethermon
No rant, but saying
Revisiting this after browsing youtube is a therapy. brrrr bull all on the internet.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
FYI Crims, if you've not yet tried Brave yet for watching YouTube, then it's well worth it as it cuts out all ads.

Crims

Wethermon
FYI Crims, if you've not yet tried Brave yet for watching YouTube, then it's well worth it as it cuts out all ads.

Wilco. I'm generally blind, deaf and dumb when it comes to software.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
It takes nothing to try it, so I urge you to try it for YouTube videos. You won't regret it, I promise you. Just don't set it as your default browser unless you decide it should be.

Peronally, I continue to use Firefox for everything and reserve Brave for YT videos as this is such a killer feature.

Crims

Wethermon
I'm grateful that I get to be surrounded with wise tech gurus, or can ask. What web browser has the lowest privacy issues? I'm honestly at the point where Youtube itself is pointless, and I'd reserve browsing for whatever is available.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Unfortunately, none of the big names are especially good, including Firefox, but have a look at the article I've linked to for a niche browser with better privacy that you'd like to try. Also, the article explains that with time and effort, Firefox privacy can be greatly improved, so you might want to look into that.

Crims

Wethermon
Unfortunately, none of the big names are especially good, including Firefox, but have a look at the article I've linked
Like they outlawed saying true stuff, dare anyone use websites not as conventionally.

Crims

Wethermon
It's hard to trust anything now a days. I've never been so cynical as I am now.
Cynicism is a good (not great) foundation nowadays, true true. If that's exactly how it goes we can share the good and mediocre. I'm humbled by the small things much more when I'm honest about it. Some smaller, the worthy indies and some bigger and bombastic. I'm actually kind of glad for the company more than I am about most things I read on the internet, because it's the social stuff we come here for

Last edited:

Crims

Wethermon
Writing a new proof videos, this stuff helps with deciding directions and this is good for my productivity in the long run. (I know it's not a proof videos per se, testing the format though)

Was arguing with my hairdresser about international inspiration for employers and we were talking about ideal workplace arrangements
Japan was an example of less productive despite its ability, and collaboration aspect of English culture being dimmed (we don't have "kaizen")

Ideally, we would have higher pay for the amount of work we have and more likelihood of personal success (eg interpersonal) with it.
  • Interactive co-operation, lead by independents, much like Italian work style or other.
  • France is the defacto best for animation, though its work environment doesn't facilitate talent vs skim.
  • English has more accessibility despite the slow dev.

Last edited:

Crims

Wethermon
The best movies have little to do with real life.
For movies like Inception, Drive, Kill Bill, Pulp Fiction, 300, Batman, Transformers, Harry Potter, and so on. Before anyone can say Iwo Jima and WW2 films, I'm not including shows or documentaries. Lots of movies in the last 10 years are dramatised real life portrayed in such a way that frequently falls short.

Last edited:

Crims

Wethermon
Was arguing with my hairdresser about international inspiration for employers and we were talking about ideal workplace arrangements
Japan was an example of less productive despite its ability, and collaboration aspect of English culture being dimmed (we don't have "kaizen")
Re: this I've got no requirement IMHO. It'd be good to find a way to work the best I can, especially for better use of my time, though so far there's no particularly good universal technique.
The best movies have little to do with real life.
For movies like Inception, Drive, Kill Bill, Pulp Fiction, 300, Batman, Transformers, Harry Potter, and so on. Before anyone can say Iwo Jima and WW2 films, I'm not including shows or documentaries. Lots of movies in the last 10 years are dramatised real life portrayed in such a way that frequently falls short.
Same goes here.
In some respects, it's not very provable nowadays. It'd be better to do a focused discussion on something said by a Youtuber recently, that all movie reviewers are being unreasonably favourable to poor movies. The best movies have little to do with real life IMHO though various things are impossible to prove to "hurr all movies are good now" type people.

In general streaming services underpay, under promote and hide objective quality for max "shark chum", so I hope we can justly ignore it. I'm confident and honestly, it's mostly hope that musicians are paid fair wage that gives me motivation on the topic.

1. Modern movies are better with camera position, worse with action, and strangely avoid apartment shots of all things. Super common before, not at all in modern movies.
2. Character primacy doesn't exist, especially villains
3. Don't reach the level of innate X-factor like Pans Labrinth.

Last edited:

Crims

Wethermon
Not sure how to start:
I was with a friend talking about detectives, and mentioned how in the early days wallpapers employed symbolism/metaphor through arrangement and shot composition. It'd be good to actually have a group discussion if anyone remembers these days of kings of cinema.
In old art, anime and hand created work from the 00s writers would naturally employ these techniques where everyday background items took on new meaning, and stuff like Half Life's use of a crowbar quickly attained meme status.

What I'm saying is that the byproduct of a much more philosophical view where movies and art would employ intelligent design to convey meaning may be more important now

Last edited:

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
I'm no connoisseur of music, sometimes the genres overlap or are confusing. Elvis, great singer but I never really saw him as 'Rock' although he was revered by many of the 'rockers' in the biker scene. Johnny Cash, love his music, is that rock?

Now here is a fab rendition of the Sound of Music by Heavy Metal (what is heavy metal anyway, lead I thought) band Disturbed. So different from Simon and Garfunkel.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Geffers

Back
Top Bottom