Small child punished for going to school with almost fully charged iPad

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
If you think this is an April Fools post made at the wrong time or a Daily Mash satire post, think again.

The iPad was charged to 93%, which was clearly entirely insufficient. Now, if only the thoughtless child had simply charged it to at least 97%, everything would have been ok, see?

Madness. :rolleyes: Petty power trips by those in power are one of my pet hates.

From not completing assignments to entering the class late, there are a number of offences that can attract punishment while you are at school. But, a mother from the UK was recently left stunned after her daughter was given detention at school for having 93 percent battery in her iPad. Puzzled over the unusual reason for the punishment, the mother shared the incident on Twitter. “My daughter was issued a detention because her iPad, when she arrived at school, was 93 percent,” wrote the user named Selina.

ipad-16570058413x2.jpg

Arantor

I don't want to be one of those fuddy-duddy types that bemoans the nanny state etc. but... seriously?

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Absurd! I'm so sick and tired of people and their situational power trips. This child will remember this forever.

Arantor

I get the “we don’t want the device to run out” but the odds of it running out are limited.

Also, a bit of common sense here: if you make it so every child has a device that is mandatory, you’re telling me not one child in an average class of 30 isn’t going to have a problem and need a charger anyway?

There are a lot of people who really shouldn’t be teachers, or leaders of anything.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Exactly people. Clearly this is more about enforcing some petty rule dubiously created to "benefit" the children rather than actually helping them. The article explained that it had more than enough power at 93% to do everything required of it, proving the point.

Back
Top Bottom