Sony / Discovery abuse DRM to delete content you paid for. Steam and others could do the same and Apple is the good guy here (yes, I know)

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Most people are blissfully unaware of what they've let themselves in for with all this DRM encrusted content that they've paid good money for, yet don't own and have few rights to. Bit of a legalised scam in my opinion, but hey, what do I know?

I've got hundreds of games on Steam and have been aware of this issue ever since I signed up for it almost 20 years ago, but so far, I haven't seen Steam abuse their position. So far. Would be interesting to see what happens if Steam ever goes out of business...

This important video also covers Steam and Apple really is the good guy here. Surprising, I know.

Everyone with such content, which is most of us, should do themselves a favour and watch this video to understand the situation and make informed decisions.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
@Geffers this thread came up in the list of suggestions which I think you'll find interesting.

Here's the link to the later thread, for reference:

Crims

Wethermon
Getting the right answer would be great if we could make a socially acceptable thread recommendation system.

Back
Top Bottom