The incredible Animusic CGI music videos

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
These videos have been around for years, but I've only just found out about them. They are amazing computer animations of impossible instruments playing electronic music and are done in a completely unique and fascinating way.

The creators managed to release two DVDs, Animusic and Animusic 2, plus Animusic 2 HD and an audio only music album, The Sound of 12, before fading out and never producting the planned Animusic 3. A big shame and glad I didn't back their Kickstarter project...

Future Retro is my favourite track. It's track 1 from the first DVD.
That synth (red laser) really hits the spot!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This version ends properly rather than fading out.

The full Animusic.

The full Animusic 2.

Documentary about Animusic and its demise

Finally, Googling "animusic" or "animusic 2" brings up lots of interesting hits, including third party blog posts about the fate of this unfortunate venture. Such a shame it fizzled out like this as I love the concept and I do think they intended for it to continue. Thankfully, other people are producing stuff like this now, inspired by these originals.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
And for giggles, someone played Retro Future at double speed. Note the pitch which remains the same as the original though. Clearly the sound has been processed, plus it's still clean like it was originally produced that way.

So, playing the video at half speed should return it to normal speed, right? No, it's actually slower than the original, so maybe the speed isn't twice as fast. Oh and it totally messes up the sound.

Back
Top Bottom