The optimum way to wash your laundry for best results

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
This one will excite nerdy domestic scientists the world over: apparently, the optimum wash is to only ever use the express cycle and a small amount of detergent. Time to get experimenting!

Gotta admit I prefer a long cycle, because I can then put off the chore of hanging my clothes out to dry for longer! :ROFLMAO:

Not only did Richardson reveal that the only washing machine cycle we ever need to use (and he means ever) is the “express” cycle and that dryer sheets are our enemy, but he also informed us that we’re probably using our laundry detergent wrong too. More specifically: We’re using way too much.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Omg....this is triggering my laundry OCD. :eek: Lol on preferring the long cycle.

I really don't see how your laundry can get clean with a few drops of detergent? 🤪 I actually wrote a funny blog about my laundry day as laundry in my house is always a big deal. :D

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Good points in your blog there, Tiffs. Yup, these resource saving "initiatives" often actually do the opposite of what they claim to do and they pretty much piss me off. Notice how they're always punitive in some way? Always lead to more austerity? Yup, with results like that, no wonder I'm skeptical.

I remember ages ago, an article on hand soldering electronic components to a motherboard that made the same point. The question was: to help avoid heat damage to the component is it better to use a less powerful soldering iron for longer to melt the solder, or a more powerful one for less time? The answer was the more powerful one, since it would melt the solder faster than the full heat could get to the component allowing the user to remove it much more quickly and hence the intense heat. With the weak one, the component could be cooked and ruined quite easily.

Back
Top Bottom