The people hanging on to outdated gadgets

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Some people just don't want to let go of the past despite way better devices now being available. I can understand keeping them as collectors items, but they actually use them as their daily drivers in preference to modern devices like smartphones, which I don't understand.

Crims

Wethermon
I write and prefer blackberries (for writing), and avoid using my phone nearly all the time. I'm pretty much the stereotype of preferring outdated gadgets.

What I don't think many retroheads see is that for those of us who grew up in the last decade of pure personality driven existence is that the you want to limit your influential media to your favourite songs and quality entertainment. I use an iPod app tbh, since my iPod bricked.

Last edited:

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I'm a fan of new technology, especially if it's more efficient and makes my life easier. I do miss the keyboard on a phone. I'm less efficient in text speed and maybe that's a good thing because I don't make long texts because I get burned out pretty fast while I'm texting....lol.

Arantor

This is why I basically stick to laptops, proper keyboards etc.

I'm not big on change; if a device is working and does everything I need, why change it? My iPad is 3 or 4 years old now, still going strong even if the battery is a bit less awesome than it used to be (and it has a physical home button, I'm keeping that!)

Though I'm not big on a lot of gadgets beyond iPad/laptop. I do have a phone but I've only had 4 phones in 20 years...

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
My iPad is ancient, same with the battery as yours...takes a long time to charge, but the battery runs down faster. Lots on it and just can't justify replacing right now. I've found that Apple products do seem to last longer than Microsoft/Android. I've had my Mac notebook since 2015, still just working fine, except for a few minor quirky issues that make me crazy...no issues mechanically per se.

Uncrowned

I held onto my Windows phone for way too long. Although Windows 10 Mobile is still my favorite mobile OS of all time. It wasn't until around 2018-19 that I got back into Android when Windows Mobile basically lost support for the phone app to continue working at all.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I use an Android phone too; Samsung Galazy Note20 Ultra 5G. I tried Apple for a couple of years, but switched back to Android. Just love the calendar, and the overall OS set up.

Back
Top Bottom