The real reason why thin people are not fat: genetic advantage

live627

The reason is what we've always known: genetic advantage and it's no small difference, either. Despite this being rubbished for so long by so-called "experts", it's true.
Following that logic, I must be genetically endowed because I haven't suffered weight gain since 7 years old despite both my mother and my father being fact some thirty odd years ago. One of my younger brothers was always fatter than me, even in teenage years.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Following that logic, I must be genetically endowed because I haven't suffered weight gain since 7 years old despite both my mother and my father being fact some thirty odd years ago. One of my younger brothers was always fatter than me, even in teenage years.
Yes, it's mostly genetic, lucky you.

Have you read the article in post 1?

eidairman1

Yes, it's mostly genetic, lucky you.

Have you read the article in post 1?

With as Tall As I am It is harder to shed the weight, it is possible though, goes back to the old addage of exercise and diet.

I lost a considerable amount of weight doing jogging, pushups, situps, leglifts/flutter kicks, squats in my 20s, Heck I was eating Stoffer's Lean Quisine which were smaller portions but man they were tasty. Its just a matter of finding time for me now. I just bought a Hybrid Bike (Comfort MTB with BMX Handlebars) just need to set it up.

eidairman1

Yes, I said "beaten", past tense.
It's all good, I bought a bike, just need to assemble it, should be good for my neck unlike the common mountain bike, hybrid Comfort Bike- BMX style handle bars to keep me upright with 21 Speeds, 27.5" Wheels. Riding 5 miles on a general mtb is harsh on my neck.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
It's all good, I bought a bike, just need to assemble it, should be good for my neck unlike the common mountain bike, hybrid Comfort Bike- BMX style handle bars to keep me upright with 21 Speeds, 27.5" Wheels. Riding 5 miles on a general mtb is harsh on my neck.

Staying flexible and pain free as you get older can be a beast unless you have the right "workout tools and gear". I'm glad you found a bike that works for you and doesn't aggravate your neck.

eidairman1

Staying flexible and pain free as you get older can be a beast unless you have the right "workout tools and gear". I'm glad you found a bike that works for you and doesn't aggravate your neck.
Well I gotta start with a crawl before I can run again (low impact vs high impact)

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Well I gotta start with a crawl before I can run again (low impact vs high impact)

Totally get that. No matter whether you are a life long athlete or getting back in the groove from an illness or just life, there's always a starting point. I've crawled back to physical fitness numerous times in my life time....but I always get it back, and sometimes I have to accept new normal's. That's okay. If Jack LaLanne can do it, I can too!

live627

Erasing that spare tire by doing activities is much more difficult when bound to a wheelchair.

Back
Top Bottom