Turns out that working from home is good for you

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Now all we need is a move to a 4 day week with no loss of pay for every job and we're sorted!

Working from home allows people to eat more healthily, feel less stressed and have lower blood pressure, according to a large-scale review of academic literature on post-pandemic workplaces.

Yet remote workers are also more likely to eat snacks, drink more, smoke more and put on weight, the study by researchers at the UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) and King’s College London found. And employers who believe that people working from home are lazy should think again – they are less likely to take time off sick, tend to work longer hours and to work evenings and weekends.

The review, led by Charlotte Hall from the UKHSA, considered 1,930 academic papers on home working, teleworking and other types of hybrid and home working in an effort to distil the often contradictory research.

Mars

Staff Member
True that working from home may have the downside of smoking more, and noshing more. However, I would think that the reduction of stress, the peace and quiet of home, or even the exclusive company of family, are all a huge plus. No more getting stuck in traffic jams, going out in bad weather.... so much better to stay safe at home, work at your own pace.

Definitely one big plus that came out of the pandemic, and has altered people's lives for the better.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I agree, that is one good outcome of the pandemic in that it enabled everyone to learn that working from home is possible.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Why shorten your lifespan with such vices?
It's just human nature unfortunately as all these things are more readily available when at home and hence temptation and convenience make it happen.

Crims

Wethermon
To be honest, while working I've been able to watch my favourite animes. My fav, Death Note, included. That on it's own does a lot.

Last edited:

live627

And then we have more free time to be the unsung heroes of the software space: open sorcerers!

--Open sorcerer since 2009

Back
Top Bottom