What movie release are you looking forward to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberGeek

Super Mario movie

I’m a, should we say, former Nintendo Switch gamer, as I’ve plateaued in the games for now! I saw the trailers which depicts scenes from popular Mario games I used to play!Can’t wait for the release

Wbu guys?

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I haven't seen M3gan yet, waiting for it to hit Sky Cinema. At the moment, it's possible to rent it for a sky high £15.99, which just isn't worth it.

Crims

Wethermon
I haven't seen M3gan yet, waiting for it to hit Sky Cinema. At the moment, it's possible to rent it for a sky high £15.99, which just isn't worth it.
Ive heard positive M3gan reviews. I cant tell if its because of reviewers that are being lenient or other though.
At £16 piracy seems more appealing

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Yep, my daughter is looking forward to the Super Mario Movie too.

Just saw M3gan last night. Couldn't believe our cable service brought it back so fast after taking it off a couple of weeks ago. It was $19.00, so we were going to wait it out, like you, @Retro. Saturday night is our movie night so was excited to see it and for $5.99. It's rated PG13, meeting those standards, it's the dialogue and technology that makes the movie. M3gan of course, gets smarter as her AI adapts. I won't say anymore, but enjoyed it. Was worth the wait.

Last edited:

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
At £16 piracy seems more appealing
Wot?! You heathen! :p Yeah, they do take the mickey a bit with flogging DRM-encrusted files at such a high price.

@Tiffany glad you found the film good and enjoyed it. Gives me confidence in seeing it too when it reaches Sky Cinema where I'll be able to see it for "free", ie just the price of my monthly Sky subscription.

CyberGeek

Ive heard positive M3gan reviews. I cant tell if its because of reviewers that are being lenient or other though.
AI is such a big thing right now and I don’t believe there are many movies like it.

It sort of resonates with the sentiment afflicted with chatGPT - the risks of misinformation and all that, albeit in a more extreme fashion.

CyberGeek

Zootopia 2 and Toy Story 5 are being released this year 🙌 Gotta watch the first zootopia for completeness :D

Magasgascar 3 is now out in the cinema, gotta watch the first one and second one first just for conpleteness :D I’ve a MAJOR Toy Story fan since I was a kid - watched them all at the cinema !

I’m an animation nutcase 😎😍

CyberGeek

Everything everything at once is a movie I really wanna see. Sadly I mussed it at the cinema, but will definitely watch it on Netflix .

I know I’ll love it as I loved Ralph breaks the internet, another multiverse movie.

CyberGeek

You have netflix as part of your sky sub. Surprised you don’t use it much and more your sky sub. Clearly @Retro 😎

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Thing is, content amount is simply exploding nowadays and Sky tends to take priority over streaming, because the HDD has a fixed capacity so would fill up otherwise, especially with UHD content.

CyberGeek

I’m confused. I didn’t even realise you can download movies until now since I was confused by your concern about your storage space. 😂

Do you have a slow internet connection hindering you from streaming content?

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Yeah, the Sky service is a hybrid of satellite and downloads. The downloads look and play exactly like the satellite transmissions, which is great. Missing a transmission is usually no problem as the program is available for download.

I can stream UHD no problem.

CyberGeek

I guess you don’t have time to watch everything you’d want to on netflix so it’s simply more convenient to see what’s on TV 😎

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
It's more to do with the HDD as I said.

CyberGeek

Are you referring to netflix downloads or recordings on a sky+ box ?

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Netflix is streaming and downloads on the Sky Q box.

CyberGeek

So I mean you can stream Netflix if there’s a particular movie you wanna see. No need to wait for it to be released onto sky TV 🍿

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
They have different content, which is why Sky offers Netflix as part of the package, along with other apps like Discovery+ etc.

CyberGeek

Not necessarily? A movie can be both on netflix and on sky movies, lol

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
There's some overlap, but what's free on Netflix, you typically have to pay for on Sky.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Netflix doesn't have a pay option though. It's all free at the point of use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom