What's up Chicos

Starbucks

Hi there,

My name is Carlo!
Currently living in Argentina but I'm originally from The Netherlands!
I moved to Argentina 2 years ago because I was kinda sick of the European coldish weather, and well, since I have visited Argentina several times because my Girlfriend is Argentinian.. I decided to just take the step to live here!

Currently I am a Product Manager and Human Interface Designer for a New York-based NGO with Special Consultative Status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council. However, I also work directly with the United Nations on several projects.

Previously I worked at Apple in Ireland as a Human Interface Designer at the IS&T department, which is the department that develops and designs internal software applications for Apple departments, such as the Apple Stores, Apple Care and many more!

My expertise is mainly UIX design, some front-end development and marketing. However, my true passion stays UIX design as I love to be creative.
In my free time I like to go to the gym, walk around, travel a little, and just go for coffee. I'm not much of a gamer, but I do like to play a little on my PS4. Usually just Fortnite or TitanFall2 (or just randomly driving around in GTA5). But once the PSVR2 will be released, I would like to buy the PS5 and the PSVR2 to give VR a try!

So, why is my username Starbucks? Well, I used to go every day to Starbucks, especially back at Apple in Ireland and my desk was full of Starbucks cups. Whenever a colleague bought a Starbucks coffee they proudly showed it to me... so I guess that's where it is coming from. I do like their coffee and environment. But nowadays I go to other coffee places, and yep, still so now and then Starbucks with friends.

Anyhow, feel free to ask any questions.

Ciaooo

ezgif-2-01f2f77c36.gif

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Hey Starbucks, welcome to NerdZone Forums! Hope you'll like it here.

Great to have you here and thanks for telling us a bit about yourself. It's nice to know the person behind the username. I did suspect that you're a Starbucks fan. :)

I created this forum as I got sick of being pushed around and disrespected by mods and admins on other forums. Basically, I hate bullies.

Finally, you should know that you'll always be treated with respect and dignity here by myself, the other staff and the members here.

Arantor

Welcome!

I've had some professional dealings with the UN myself over the years, it was always a pleasure working with them, though never in the user interface arena - I'm a backend developer guy, so I was all about the integrations.

Back
Top Bottom