When customers go bad

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
This guy does video transfers from tape to digital as a business as well as run a YouTube channel, so he's got stories of some right jerks he's dealt with over the years, with attitudes that sound very familiar to me. I'd have been a lot harder on some of them than he was, I can tell you.

It's almost 40 minutes long, so make a cuppa and put your feet up to watch it. :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Mars

Staff Member
This guy does video transfers from tape to digital as a business as well as run a YouTube channel and he's got stories of some right jerks he's dealt with over the years, with attitudes that sound very familiar to me. I'd have been a lot harder on some of them than he was, I can tell you.

It's almost 40 minutes long, so make a cuppa and put your feet up to watch it. :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Sounds good, will be watching it tomorrow.

Draconis

I don't need to watch it. I worked almost 10 years in general retail as a cashier and customer service. People are sh*t. In fact, I'm now a Misanthrope. :mad:

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Any service business I was in during my working years I found there were always people that enjoyed being rude and felt they had the attitude of the "customer is always right" power plus having the situational power over me was really annoying. I'm so glad I don't have to deal with "people" like that anymore too. I does make you reflect on people as a whole in a very bad light.

Draconis

Any service business I was in during my working years I found there were always people that enjoyed being rude and felt they had the attitude of the "customer is always right" power plus having the situational power over me was really annoying. I'm so glad I don't have to deal with "people" like that anymore too. I does make you reflect on people as a whole in a very bad light.
Yes, yes. That combined with crappy managers who, no matter how busy it is, always seem to take an hour lunch break, while the rest of us are lucky to even get a 10 minute one! :(

eidairman1

I dealt with crap customers when I did appliance repair. I'm a FAA A&P mechanic since 2021, I will only do appliance repair for friends and family now.

Mars

Staff Member
I dealt with crap customers when I did appliance repair. I'm a FAA A&P mechanic since 2021, I will only do appliance repair for friends and family now.

@eidairman, your friends and family are lucky to have their household appliances repaired by you.
You people are worth your weight in gold, I'm not joking. Trust is priceless, as is peace of mind of knowing that it will be a job well done. Not worrying whether it will be a proper repair or a cowboy job.
We have a roofer friend, never ever let us down. No one comes near any roofing jobs here, except him.
Besides the fact that he is an animal lover, which is a massive bonus. 🦄

eidairman1

@eidairman, your friends and family are lucky to have their household appliances repaired by you.
You people are worth your weight in gold, I'm not joking. Trust is priceless, as is peace of mind of knowing that it will be a job well done. Not worrying whether it will be a proper repair or a cowboy job.
We have a roofer friend, never ever let us down. No one comes near any roofing jobs here, except him.
Besides the fact that he is an animal lover, which is a massive bonus. 🦄

Well a little secret, front load washers no matter the brand are dysmal in load balancing and durability. The only modern topload washer I recommend is the Whirlpool belt driven unit, other than that the mechanical timer switch Whirlpool style direct drive washer. Dryers, the mechanical timer switch style where you pull the filter from the top of the machine is the only 1 I suggest, electric. Gas models the igniters do fail over time and can be difficult to troubleshoot. Water heaters are better with gas.

Back
Top Bottom