Woman accidentally runs over and kills would-be thief trying to steal her catalytic converter

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Good riddance to bad rubbish.

The woman had fallen asleep in the SUV in a retail parking lot on Tuesday and was woken by the sound of sawing underneath her.

The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department says she turned on the vehicle and backed out of her parking space and felt a bump. She immediately called 911 to get the man medical help and he was transported to a hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Arizona

Many CEOs are more guilty of crimes against humanity than the average inmate.

The latest non-prosecution agreement by the feds in the US:

And take the CEO of Pawp, an online pet company based in New York. If you read their one-star reviews, the company's fraudulent activities have contributed to the painful death of dogs and cats. But nothing bad happens to them as a company. Everyone knows it is an uphill battle when a crime or fraud is being done in a corporate, white-collar way. State attorneys are so busy with so much consumer fraud, that many complaints are never even filed.

We in the US wonder why more people in other countries don't stand up to communism. But we do the same here, allowing companies to sometimes literally get away with murder. Individuals doing the same things would be charged with manslaughter, elder abuse, etc.

Last edited:

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Alas that's true, it's all done under the veneer of respectability and companies are harder to nail than individuals. The problem is so widespread and corruption so deep, that it's impossible to control other than at the edges.

Unfortunately, it's also true that wherever there's money to be made, there's fraud and corruption just under the surface.

Mars

Staff Member

CyberGeek

Unfortunately, it's also true that wherever there's money to be made, there's fraud and corruption just under the surface.
Yes just like in this case, the fraud was all done under the surface of a car :D
I honestly can't tell if your pun was intended or not... lol

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Oh no pun, I'm glad that thief is gone. Scum of the earth always hurting others for personal gain.

CyberGeek

Oh no pun, I'm glad that thief is gone. Scum of the earth always hurting others for personal gain.
I'm not sure you understood my post about the pun :D
Multiple puns... sorry, 'tis my sense of humour

Back
Top Bottom