YouTube Is So Corrupt It's Unreal

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I'm not surprised at all about this from YouTube.

I've been taking part in forums of various kinds for over 20 years and I've grown so sick and tired of the unfair treatment by those with power over me, namely the mods and admins, that I started my own forum, NerdZone. I love being the owner of this forum where no one can push me around or censor me. It's also great having total control over its look and feel and made for a satisfying project to get it online, which took quite a lot of time, effort and money to do.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I wouldn't be surprised if this video gets taken down by YouTube, so you can also see it at Odysee, an alternative video sharing channel that I've not heard of before now.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I'll have to watch the video tomorrow when I have more time, thank you for sharing it. I don't YouTube, unless I'm trying to preview a movie because our cable service isn't kind enough to give us a trailer to preview. All of the big players I take issue with on so many levels, which is why I was motivated to do the same. You have invited friends to your home, they abide by your rules and respect your property. It's win-win and yes, a lot of work and vision! You followed your dream! :)

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
You’re welcome. Since we’re both webmasters, we understand each other. :)

I think the social media approach that you’ve taken is interesting, as it has a different dynamic to forums of this type.

Also, I see this type of forum as also social media. My definition is simply software that allows people to come together online and have a conversation. Microsoft Teams in the corporate world is another.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Definitely!:)

It's important to create a haven for people to come together, post, laugh, have friendly debates all in a comfortable setting with easy on the eyes colors and an easy template design to navigate. There's some really nice features at NZ which I see some are part of xF. I really like some of the effects. I have to get started working on my template and navigation and make it better. I've been sick😷 for a few days, and I'm never sick, so thinking too deep on anything is just not going to happen for the next few days. 🙃

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I'm sorry to hear you're sick and I hope you get well soon.

And yes, XF is really well designed like that. All I've really done is theme it, create a forum structure and adjust settings. The rest is pretty much stock.

Back
Top Bottom