10 jobs that are in danger of being lost to AI

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
AI will take out those nice, cushy well paid jobs that most of us like to be in and replace it with hardship. Welcome to the future.

• Experts say ChatGPT and related AI could threaten some jobs, particularly white-collar ones.
  • It could do so by automating mid-career, mid-ability work.
  • Business Insider compiled a list of 10 jobs this technology could replace, according to experts.
Since its release in November 2022, OpenAI's ChatGPT has been used to write cover letters, create a children's book, and even help students cheat on their essays.

The chatbot may be more powerful than we ever imagined. Google found that, in theory, the search engine would hire the bot as an entry-level coder if it interviewed at the company.

Amazon employees who tested ChatGPT said it does a "very good job" of answering customer support questions, is "great" at making training documents, and is "very strong" at answering queries around corporate strategy.

Companies are taking notice. Both IBM and British telecommunications giant BT Group cited AI when announcing job cuts earlier this year — and said that many wouldn't come back.

A recent Goldman Sachs study found that generative AI tools could, in fact, impact 300 million full-time jobs worldwide, which could lead to a "significant disruption" in the job market.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
More on people losing their jobs to AI. It's really quite unsettling and anyone retiring within the next couple of years will likely be glad that they're out of this rat race.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I think this article makes a silent/implicit argument for people to go into a trade. I don't think AI can ever replace Linemen, Auto Repair workers, heavy commercial of HVAC (major big building stuff) and both residential HVAC and plumbing, skilled repairs of appliances, computers, etc. and basically anything that requires a hands on skill, looks to be safe? Maybe? I could see the "trades" use AI for enhanced diagnostics or as an additional resource in some way, though?

Crims

Wethermon
As a designer, it's always been a issue, so my skeptical half has always focused on the quality instead of the medium. When AI designing tools are mass available I'll work more.

Back
Top Bottom