2FA Apps - potential security issues

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
Most of us use 2FA authentication for various web site logins, the video links outline a potential hazard, pleasantly presented too. Links for Odysee and YouTube.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Geffers

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Great video and great presentation. Interesting to see how 2FA can be compromised, even when the app is legit.

Ultimately, no system is completely secure, as there has to be an inherent weakness for one to be able to access the system. The only thing one can do is make it very difficult for a bad actor to break in, patch any vulnerabilities and keep raising the bar over time.

Uncrowned

I feel like this has little to do with 2FA and is entirely focused on not downloading shady apps. The video has great advice, but I can't help but feel like 2FA was just a randomly chosen topic for an issue that affects every type of app.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Naomi Brockwell goes through the pros and cons of four types of 2FA and there can be quite a lot of cons...

Note: this video is actually older than the one in the FP, but I think still worth watching.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I like having 2FA, except for the extra steps, but then it's worth it. I've often wondered about the safety of an oath app too.

Back
Top Bottom