And now China wants to invade Taiwan

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
China has long had a problem with Taiwan being an independent sovereign state and fears of invasion have been circulating since at least last year that I know about. Now, with Putin's so-called "special military operation", ie invasion of Ukraine, it looks like it's emboldened the Chinese to do something similar to Taiwan.

These are both graphic examples of why Western countries need strong militaries and why so much of their tax revenue goes into it, as the alternative is unthinkable since there's always some despotic country run by a dictator looking to invade them. I think you can tell that I hate war?

Chinese President Xi Jinping has signed a directive allowing for “non-war” uses of the military - raising concerns it could pave the way for an invasion of Taiwan that would be labelled a “special military operation” instead of a war, just as Russia has done in Ukraine.

The directive, which comes into effect on Wednesday, provides “the legal basis for troops to carry out military operations other than war”, state media reported.

My thead on Russia's invasion.

Back
Top Bottom