Artificial sweetener might help boost the immune system

Mars

Staff Member
.....and "they" have been saying that artificial sweeteners affect your thyroid function for years.....and now "they" are blaming artificial sweeteners on the recent rise in heart attacks. "They" are also saying that these sweeteners affect your gut biome, destroying the good bacteria.

Apparently this study says that it lowers your "T" cells....interesting and that it would help those with autoimmune disorders. Fascinating!

I haven't used sweetener's for years. Unsweetened tea 😝. I'd be happy with this news when more studies come out with sound confirmation.
Ditto. "They" say a lot of things. If you listened to everything "they" say, you would end up a confused mess.
As soon as something works in a petrie dish, or in mice, "they" jump up with sensational headlines of some miracle cure, new discovery, whatever.
I believe none of that. I am looking for hard, scientific evidence backed by research.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I believe none of that. I am looking for hard, scientific evidence backed by research.
This is research and if you read the article properly you'll see that the study has shown a benefit. On top of that, they quite clearly show that the results are preliminary. They're not touting it as some miracle cure like you seem to think.

Mars

Staff Member
I wouldn't add them into my diet either and they do indeed have a lot of bad effects, not just cancer, but there does appear to be some benefits from them, or they wouldn't have published this study. This can't be ignored and makes for a good talking point.

As I said in my opening line:
I guess it is all about weighing the odds. At the moment we know artificial sweeteners are noxious; there might be some benefit somewhere, but does it counter the risk? the risk of cancer and the negative effect on the microbiom? of course not.
So yeah, same here, I would not add them to my diet. No way.

aussiefooty

I used to drink diet coke that was until they changed the taste of it due to adding artificial sweetners to their drinks.
I now only drink stuff that has sugar in it.
If i want something that doesn't have sugar in it i will have a remedy kombucha which is a tea infused drink

Back
Top Bottom