Chit Chat Thread

Arizona

And the Super Bowl bro! :D

The only interesting to me about the Super Bowl is the price gouging for hotels and home rentals: "Even a Super 8 Motel Runs $450 a Night."

Last edited:

Mars

Staff Member
It's Friday and I'm looking forward to the weekend.
Saturday and Sunday=my favourite days. They are supposed to be days of rest. Being the obedient person that I am, I readily obey.
"Rest", in my vocabulary, is a very elastic word open to interpretation, which I interpret as basically doing what you like :giggle:

Arizona

Everyday is Saturday if you meditate hard enough (or switch tabs fast enough) :D

I thought weekends would be overrated by now, with more people having non-traditional work schedules (like a third of Americans working on the weekend). But on the roads and highways, it is like the 1980s still with lots of traffic Monday to Friday and easy travels on the weekend.

Last edited:

Arizona

Pre-industrial workers had a shorter workweek than today's

"All told, holiday leisure time in medieval England took up probably about one-third of the year. And the English were apparently working harder than their neighbors. The ancien règime in France is reported to have guaranteed fifty-two Sundays, ninety rest days, and thirty-eight holidays. In Spain, travelers noted that holidays totaled five months per year."

"The peasant's free time extended beyond officially sanctioned holidays...They worked only as many days as were necessary to earn their customary income -- which in this case amounted to about 120 days a year."

Last edited:

Arizona

Saturday and Sunday=my favourite days. They are supposed to be days of rest. Being the obedient person that I am, I readily obey.
"Rest", in my vocabulary, is a very elastic word open to interpretation, which I interpret as basically doing what you like :giggle:

Selective obedience is often the norm for those who dutifully work at home, drinking wine/alcohol and doing other things that are frowned upon in office environments.

Last edited:

Retro

Founder
Staff Member

Arizona

An amateur production I like even more:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

1676051674231.png

Crims

Wethermon
Selective obedience is often the norm for those who dutifully work at home, drinking wine/alcohol and doing other things that are frowned upon in office environments.
I'd definitely go for a walk in that circumstance. Drinking doesn't solve everything usually on work days.

Arizona

I'd definitely go for a walk in that circumstance.
And listening or dancing to Jungle:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A hilarious, tongue-in-cheek Quora post about work lunches in France:

One bottle of red (around 1 and 1/2 pints) is mandatory with meat in all civil servants cafeterias. Plus some white Chardonay if there’s fish.

Then, after the cheese and the dessert, and the café, some cognac.

It’s a little bit hard on the city bus drivers, but they have one baguette of bread to dilute the alcohol.

The government tried to reduce the two hour lunch, but the French went on strike with guillotines and everything. Haven’t you seen the news?

Last edited:

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
That Jungle track has an 80s funk vibe to it. Quite like it.

A bottle of wine and then some for lunch - you'd be off your face! :ROFLMAO:

Arantor

Several times in that dance routine I was waiting for a bit of Vincent Price sampling to break out because I thought they were going to go all Thriller.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Good video and I thought the same about the vibe of Thriller (the dance part)....there was a point that if I compared one segment, I think their dance moves were very close to a small segment in Thriller. Fresh and fun though, thanks for sharing!

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
OMG, the wienerlympics is adorable....loved the narrator and the the cute voices used for the dogs. The jousting cracked me up. :ROFLMAO:

Arantor

I find myself now needing to contemplate laptop repair surgery :( hopefully it's just a screen/connector failure and replacing them will restore the thing to life, because if it's mainboard related... RIP. I wouldn't mind but the laptop isn't *that* old but old enough to be out of warranty, even though it wasn't heavily used.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
It sounds like the laptop manufacturer calculated perfectly the value of it to them at the expense of the customer. Bravo (slow clap).

Back
Top Bottom