Chit Chat Thread

Arantor

We have 4 laptops from this manufacturer, this is the third one purchased out of that four, and the other three have basically been tanks. Willing to bet this is just unfortunate.

Crims

Wethermon
We're changing windows at home and the builders want access to my room 24/7 - I know I'm changing windows and it'll be over... but it's definitely intrusive. Id be laughing if it wasn't stupid as hell

Last edited:

Arantor

We have 4 laptops from this manufacturer, this is the third one purchased out of that four, and the other three have basically been tanks. Willing to bet this is just unfortunate.
And to confirm, laptop is indeed up and running just fine with a replacement LCD panel in the screen.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I remember when I had new windows installed a few years ago.

The installers were extremely efficient and did an excellent job. They worked 5 hours straight without a break - not even stopping for water. I tried offering some refreshments, but, incredibly, they didn't want any.

Crims

Wethermon
I remember when I had new windows installed a few years ago.

The installers were extremely efficient and did an excellent job. They worked 5 hours straight without a break - not even stopping for water. I tried offering some refreshments, but, incredibly, they didn't want any.
Polish and other immigrant builders are getting very good at their jobs, and it definitely puts English workers to shame. That being said, we have our strengths in design.

Arizona

"Can we take a break yet?" is about the only thing I say during manual labor...sometimes after the first 15 minutes :D

The worst is painting. So boring. My brother-in-law is a professional house painter and I assume painting is his form of meditation -- like reading is for nerds.

For some reason, my favorite thing to do is flooring. Like laminate flooring when we remodeled our house in 2015. To me, nothing has a greater impact than that. And it's more challenging to me than painting.

Last edited:

Nebulous

Hey peeps! Anyone looking forward to St. Patricks Day this Friday?

200.gif

Hope you all have a great week!

Nebulous

Hey all, March is almost over! Bring on April. Should be a great month.
Hope you all had a great weekend. :)

200.gif

CyberGeek

Do you mean a dislike button?
Yeah obviously, I as the Goddess, reply on the behalf of Crims. I know everything :D

Because @Crims you can unlike a post by clicking the like button again. So if that’s what you really meant, I assume you figured that out immediately after posting your question, as I never saw that you’d liked my post. 😎

The clocks going forward threw me off a bit lol.
I’m just sad as it means an hour taken away from my weekend :(

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I'll let Crims clarify what he meant.

At least in 6 months you'll get it back again. I just wish they'd get rid of this stupid time change.

CyberGeek

I mean strong dislike, but with a bit of humour. Emoticons are the antinerd.
Wrong, emoticons are the nerd 😎

PS: You aren’t the only person being told you’re wrong @Retro (in that Adblocker thread) so please don’t take offence :D

CyberGeek

No worries. I wouldn't say that unless it was banter lol
It was my tongue in cheek style. Ah well, humour bypasses happen. Especially when I try to react with humour to something I’m a little frustrated by lol

Back
Top Bottom