Chit Chat Thread

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Crims, unlike on Facebook, the other thing you won't get here is some "AI" automod sanctioning you for no reason.

I got sanctioned (muted) so many times on there for no reason that the last one had a permanent effect on me: about three years ago, I got a month posting ban for heavily criticising Japan for resuming the barbaric act of whaling. The system saw it as "hate speech" and of course, the pathetic "appeal" function only reaffirms the original sanction. :rolleyes: After that, I was so pissed off at all the abuse that I uninstalled Fakebook* from my iPhone and never looked back. I still look at it from time to time on the PC, but my FB usage is now just a tiny fraction of what it used to be and I hardly post anything at all. They really shot themselves in the foot with that one.

*Officially sanctioned and authorised term by @Tiffany :cool:

aussiefooty

Yeah i won't use AI for anything. I'm not against it or think it's no good or anything, i'm just fearful of it being misused for other things.

Crims

Wethermon
I don't like AI. The way that they are used are always impersonal. @aussiefooty definitely "kill kill" style responses whenever I engage with any computer thing.

Last edited:

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I enjoy talking to my friends on there, though more of the time I just like expressing myself.
Writing stuff here has a level of freedom. The level of respect ideas deserve does not work with social media. I can't imagine saying "Was imagining I was a giant reptile space flying around the stars, paying attention to the astronauts."

I have one friend that's high drama on FB and I will respond in case she's having too much drama that day.

Laughed at your musing that wouldn't fly (no pun intended) as well on FB as on another venue like here. Always nice to write in a space where people get you and there's no judging. :)

Crims

Wethermon
I have one friend that's high drama on FB and I will respond in case she's having too much drama that day.

Laughed at your musing that wouldn't fly (no pun intended) as well on FB as on another venue like here. Always nice to write in a space where people get you and there's no judging. :)
Haha! I was experimenting. Brill! I had like 3 of my musings earlier yesterday.

edited:
I'd rather be in a world of my own than feeling on call.

Last edited:

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Crims, unlike on Facebook, the other thing you won't get here is some "AI" automod sanctioning you for no reason.

I got sanctioned (muted) so many times on there for no reason that the last one had a permanent effect on me: about three years ago, I got a month posting ban for heavily criticising Japan for resuming the barbaric act of whaling. The system saw it as "hate speech" and of course, the pathetic "appeal" function only reaffirms the original sanction. :rolleyes: After that, I was so pissed off at all the abuse that I uninstalled Fakebook* from my iPhone and never looked back. I still look at it from time to time on the PC, but my FB usage is now just a tiny fraction of what it used to be and I hardly post anything at all. They really shot themselves in the foot with that one.

One of these days I'm going to delete my fakebook account. There's nothing good there and it's frankly creepy.

Yeah i won't use AI for anything. I'm not against it or think it's no good or anything, i'm just fearful of it being misused for other things.

Totally agree!

I don't like AI. The way that they are used are always impersonal. @aussiefooty definitely "kill kill" style responses whenever I engage with any computer thing.

I suppose that's maybe "their" evil plan. Keep the humans from interacting with each other and forming groups of like minded people that may actually have brains that will see through "their" manipulation of the human spirit itself. *Sorry went dark...thinking Skynet again. 🫣

Been watching the afl footy on tv today and noticed that how low scoring some games are

Enjoy your day with sports!

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Haha! I was experimenting. Brill! I had like 3 of my musings earlier yesterday.

I'd honestly recommend to anyone to try and be noncontactable for a while, and let the ideas fly.

Lol! 🤣

I miss the days where we didn't have cell phones sometimes. Texting can get to feel like a job. 🙄

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
OMG what a cutie! We had a Russian Blue once. He was the runt of the litter, kinda small, a bit skinny (but very soft and cuddly!) and his balance was a little off, bless him and we loved him to bits. ❤️

As you're also a cat person @aussiefooty, you might also like our sister forum all about cats:

aussiefooty

OMG what a cutie! We had a Russian Blue once. He was the runt of the litter, kinda small, a bit skinny (but very soft and cuddly!) and his balance was a little off, bless him and we loved him to bits. ❤️

As you're also a cat person @aussiefooty, you might also like our sister forum all about cats:

Just had a look and i signed up over there too as gizmoandsooz

Crims

Wethermon

No way! That's heavy handed.
Well that's good. It's a game, at the end of the day. I like my friends, but nah. On Facebook, knowing stuff seems to be irrelevant unless you can show it in images.

I'm finally learning some guitar riffs, if anyone has a good song.

retro slow down, I edited half the ranting lol

Last edited:

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Beautiful cat @aussiefooty and cute name too!

@Crims are you looking for any particular genre for your guitar riff practice?

@Retro er a Sir Meow, you're Russian Blue must have been very special and he's missed. I have a hole in my heart for all of my dogs that have passed. They are all special.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
@Retro er a Sir Meow, youre Russian Blue must have been very special and he's missed. I have a hole in my heart for all of my dogs that have passed. They are all special.
Indeed, we had him in the early 80s and lost him in 1985 - I still remember that it was a Tuesday when I found out. Yeah, big hole in my heart, that was a terrible day. Unfortunately, all our other cats of the era are gone too, such are their short little lives, but they all lived like pampered kings and wanted for nothing, I can tell you. Time has healed a lot though and I try not to think about it too much.

When I see animals on a video, TV program, movie etc and it's from something like 20 years ago or more, I think about the fact that they're no longer around due to their short lifespans and I do have a little sad over it. 💔

I think we understand each other.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Indeed, we had him in the early 80s and lost him in 1985 - I still remember that it was a Tuesday when I found out. Yeah, big hole in my heart, that was a terrible day. Unfortunately, all our other cats of the era are gone too, such are their short little lives, but they all lived like pampered kings and wanted for nothing, I can tell you. Time has healed a lot though and I try not to think about it too much.

When I see animals on a video, TV program, movie etc and it's from something like 20 years ago or more, I think about the fact that they're no longer around due to their short lifespans and I do have a little sad over it. 💔

I think we understand each other.

Yes, we do understand each other, losing pets is heart breaking but at least we always have a bit of hope in another kitten or puppy that comes into our homes to spoil, play with and love. Each pet is never the same, which maybe is a good thing as they all have their special qualities and quirks helping us to remember them long after they are gone.

I'm the same about seeing animals in older movies too. I know they aren't among us in the world anymore. My dh and I was catching some of the ending of an old movie yesterday, The Final Countdown. There was a dog in the movie that time traveled with his owner. Had that very thought, that this movie was made in 1980...sigh.

Crims

Wethermon
@Crims are you looking for any particular genre for your guitar riff practice?
Not really. Anthemic, or other is ok by my standards, though 2000s stuff is my preference.

I've played Gorillaz, Radiohead and Ratm to tears

Last edited:

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Not really. Anthemic, or other is ok by my standards, though 2000s stuff is my preference.

I've played Gorillaz, Radiohead and Ratm to tears

I'm familiar with Radiohead which is one of my dd's boyfriends favorite band. I'll look up the others for fun, thank you!

Crims

Wethermon
I'm familiar with Radiohead which is one of my dd's boyfriends favorite band. I'll look up the others for fun, thank you!
You're welcome. Each have plenty of songs that are hits, though some might be more out there than others.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
You're welcome. Each have plenty of songs that are hits, though some might be more out there than others.

Cool, I'll take a look this week and find a favorite.

Have you nerds noticed how many "hearts" are on this page and other recent pages which translates to heart notifications? The new heart emoji has been very popular, thank you @Crims and @Retro.....and thank you to others that keep using the ❤️ too.

Crims

Wethermon
Cool, I'll take a look this week and find a favorite.

Have you nerds noticed how many "hearts" are on this page and other recent pages which translates to heart notifications? The new heart emoji has been very popular, thank you @Crims and @Retro.....and thank you to others that keep using the ❤️ too.
Last.fm is a good service for you, if you want to find stuff that fans actually like. The music from those bands varies a lot, and fans also weigh in.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Last.fm is a good service for you, if you want to find stuff that fans actually like. The music from those bands varies a lot, and fans also weigh in.

Cool, I went to the Last.fm and saved it to my music folder, thank you! Looks like a fun website and fun way to get to know more music. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom