Chit Chat Thread

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Here's a real feelgood story from 2011 for all us animal lovers on a Sunday morning. ❤️

A cat from Northamptonshire has been officially recognised for having the loudest purr in the world.

Guinness World Records announced Smokey, 12, who is a British short-hair cat, achieved the loudest purr by a domestic cat, peaking at 67.7dB.

Her owner Ruth Adams, from Pitsford, Northampton, said she was delighted.

Guinness World Records' editor-in-chief, Craig Glenday said: "It's incredible to think that a cat's purr can be as loud as a vacuum cleaner."

Mars

Staff Member
Yeah of course i do.
it's only with me though he plays with other peoples hands if they try rubbing his belly
Well, they are lucky if he only 'plays' with their hands, rather then inflicting some damage.
I feel it is like the sweetest compliment when your cat shows its trust in you, by exposing his soft belly; mine does it as well, and then the purring begins....I love it.

aussiefooty

Well, they are lucky if he only 'plays' with their hands, rather then inflicting some damage.
I feel it is like the sweetest compliment when your cat shows its trust in you, by exposing his soft belly; mine does it as well, and then the purring begins....I love it.
He's always purring around me only.
Doesn't purr around anyone else.
Has only just started letting my mum pat him.

Mars

Staff Member
Hasn't anyone noticed my loudest purr post yet?
Sorry, we were just busy discussing belly rubs... yeah, I have heard about that loud purrer, how lovely.
....and then you read about the low-frequency pulses emitted by blue and fin whales...Nature is just so full of marvels and secrets.

aussiefooty

Watching a bloke getting hit in the nuts with a watermelon on youtube
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
This one
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
omg I've just watched that video! If you could get him to purr on cue, you could use him as an alarm clock.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
@aussiefooty I'm curious about something. The forum loads pretty quickly for me, with myself in the UK along with the server. As you're so far away in Oz, do you notice much lag? Just wondering, because if I set my VPN to Australia, pages take noticeably longer to load.

aussiefooty

@aussiefooty I'm curious about something. The forum loads pretty quickly for me, with myself in the UK along with the server. As you're so far away in Oz, do you notice much lag? Just wondering, because if I set my VPN to Australia, pages take noticeably longer to load.
loads quickly for me!
don't use a vpn. Use your normal ip address.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Cool, that's what I like to hear. :) I just used the VPN to simulate access from Australia.

I'm having a glorious moment playing YouTube videos in Firefox: the ads play, but there's no video, only sound. :ROFLMAO: Long may it continue! Of course, Brave is the browser to use for a completely ad-free experience.

aussiefooty

Cool, that's what I like to hear. :) I just used the VPN to simulate access from Australia.

I'm having a glorious moment playing YouTube videos in Firefox: the ads play, but there's no video, only sound. :ROFLMAO: Long may it continue! Of course, Brave is the browser to use for a completely ad-free experience.
Use mozilla fire fox

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
It's Memorial Day here in the US. Happy Monday and Memorial Day to all that have served to keep us safe!

Mem Day.png

Back
Top Bottom