Classic to Modern Muscle Cars and their design future in an evolving EV world.

Crims

Wethermon
or the politics. :unsure:
I agree wholeheartedly. I definitely think that people have bought into cult hype that Elon Musk has generated with regard to electric = perfect. It's good, though it seems better for countries that need it like Norway (which would opt for electric over gas in general).

I was referring to a kill switch, but I was using more loose terms for the Europeans reading. I'm surprised as it seems like the US has simply (banned?) all protests from the outside. it seems like aside from the last couple I've not heard of any grassroots protests.
I've not actually got a lot wrong with the slowing down process, that's entirely remedied by driving assisting computers, which will be a net win for the citizen over the politician (cause it's a tool). I definitely have a problem with the idea of a kill switch in a place with guns - because you're asking for an escalation of violence every single step you take. Granted kind of biased atm

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I agree wholeheartedly. I definitely think that people have bought into cult hype that Elon Musk has generated with regard to electric = perfect. It's good, though it seems better for countries that need it like Norway (which would opt for electric over gas in general).

I was referring to a kill switch, but I was using more loose terms for the Europeans reading. I'm surprised as it seems like the US has simply (banned?) all protests from the outside. it seems like aside from the last couple I've not heard of any grassroots protests.
I've not actually got a lot wrong with the slowing down process, that's entirely remedied by driving assisting computers, which will be a net win for the citizen over the politician (cause it's a tool). I definitely have a problem with the idea of a kill switch in a place with guns - because you're asking for an escalation of violence every single step you take. Granted kind of biased atm
There's a large "fly-over-states" group of people that are staying silent in the US. 🤐

Understood about your feelings about the kill switch and guns. 😉

Oh you must. It's superb! 🙂

I'll look for it and see if I can get it here!

Crims

Wethermon
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
4m30s
Happened to find this video while idly browsing for electric stuff. Sums up a lot of the opinions I have of it, and the fake press regarding the ecological impact of manufacturing EVs.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
It's true, those EVs are no greener than non-EVs, but they're sure making some obscenely wealthy people even wealthier.

Thing is, their performance is generally fantastic, but of course, the achilles heel is that battery which is why I don't want one. Range anxiety, they don't like the cold and turning on the heater cuts that crappy range by around half. I'll pass for as long as possible.

Crims

Wethermon
It's true, those EVs are no greener than non-EVs, but they're sure making some obscenely wealthy people even wealthier.

Thing is, their performance is generally fantastic, but of course, the achilles heel is that battery which is why I don't want one. Range anxiety, they don't like the cold and turning on the heater cuts that crappy range by around half. I'll pass for as long as possible.
I honestly think that it's simply because of lower expectations for modern vehicles that they're even thought of as an option.
While the max speed (because it has a hard max) is a deal breaker, the above issues are more important.

Last edited:

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
@Crims I started watching your video yesterday and got side-tracked by real life. I'll have more time today. I already liked the beginning and the general argument that was being made for choosing a smaller EV, like a motorcycle, rather then a car.

@Retro I'm also right there on the battery; the cost to replace it, and when the battery fails where does it properly deteriorate in our earth without causing damage?

Last night, my family and I were taking a look at the Tesla Cyber Truck versus the Ford F-150 Lightning EV truck. Totally different EV trucks. Where we always get stuck in the argument is how many places are there that can fix your Tesla when it breaks down and that at least Ford has a dealership in most major cities if you need repairs. :unsure:

Back
Top Bottom