Competition01: closed. Let's get to 1000 posts anyway

CyberGeek

It's in the rules that you can't have more than one account. I should know, as I wrote them...

RULES
  1. You may register an account specifically to enter this competition and start posting in this thread right away, no restrictions. Even if you only ever post in this thread for the prize, that's fine.
  2. All members must follow the Forum Rules when posting here, just like any other area of the forum. Feel free to refresh your memory if necessary.
  3. In a one-off exception to the Forum Rules, you can make as many sequential posts as you like in this thread only. Want to stay up all night to win that prize and build up your post count as well? Feel free!
  4. Inappropriate / trolling / harassing etc posts will be edited or deleted. Anyone found to be making such adverse posts will attract Moderator Attention, may be disqualified from this competition and perhaps more. Same with misbehaviour in other parts of the forum. Spammers will be summarily banned and all of their posts deleted, no appeal possible. We encourage positive interaction here at NerdZone Forums.
  5. Please keep it clean and family friendly. Absolutely no swearing, in particular.
  6. Keep the posts short, just a few words at most, about anything. The text may be formatted, have smilies, or consist only of smilies if you like. You don't have to say anything either, just a link to a website, picture video etc. Just ensure it's not illegal / objectionable etc. Don't upload any pictures, only link to them. Please keep the post content to a minimum to minimise the load on the system. Longer posts might be pruned or deleted and those with uploaded pictures definitely will be. One thousand posts in one thread isn't trivial.
  7. The above posting limits don't apply to admins and mods, but please don't go crazy.
  8. Don't post random text or in a language other than English. Such posts will be deleted and Moderator Action may result if repeated.
  9. All posts must be created by hand in the normal way by a real hardware keyboard (regular or mobility), a virtual touchscreen keyboard, or a virtual mobility keyboard, eg Windows virtual keyboard that can be clicked with the mouse, or similar. Absolutely no scripts as they're cheating and might adversely affect operation of the site. Anyone attempting this will be disqualified from the competition and attract Moderator Attention, at the minimum.
  10. Your posts will count towards your overall posting total, just like any other thread.
  11. If you don't wish to enter the competition, then you may still post as much as you like, but avoid making the 1000th post.
  12. Forum staff are excluded from the competition.
  13. There is no competition end date since the date and time of the 1000th post cannot be predicted. However, we reserve the right to close the competition at any time for any reason before the target 1000 posts is reached. Especially so for a technical issue with this thread affecting the site in some way, but the aim is to avoid closing it as far as practically possible.
Yeah, right.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I'm talking about the forum rules ya dummy! These competition rules sit within the main rules and the only place where it's a little different, I've explicitely stated it, like post after post that you're making right now.

I've thought about the VPNs and proxies... and why should that bother me? It's people's behaviour that really matters, not whether they mask their real IP addresses.

CyberGeek

I'm talking about the forum rules ya dummy! These competition rules sit within the main rules and the only place where it's a little different, I've explicitely stated it, like post after post that you're making right now.

I've thought about the VPNs and proxies... and why should that bother me? It's people's behaviour that really matters, not whether they mask their real IP addresses.
It's in the rules that you can't have more than one account. I should know, as I wrote them...

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Are you trolling me? Remember I said not to troll.

I'm the last person you should do it to.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
You've quoted your own reply. You really must be more careful and take your time.

There's ways to tell.

I think you're pushing things a little close to the edge with your "banter". Perhaps just step back a bit.

Back
Top Bottom