Cruel animal tests for makeup resume after 25-year ban

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
The government has allowed animal testing for makeup ingredients to resume despite a 25-year ban.

Yes, you read that right, this despicable practice has returned and it's all thanks to the tories. If there was ever a reason to vote them out of power, this is it.

Why have they allowed it? Because they're doing so in line with EU chemical rules which allow such testing under certain circumstances to benefit people at animals' expense.

Even the cosmetics industry is against this:

The change in the government's position has been heavily criticised by major beauty and cosmetic brands, including Unilever, Body Shop and Boots. Most major brands have long campaigned to end animal testing.

WARNING: this BBC news article contains information and pictures distressing to animal lovers.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I disagree with the use of chemicals on animals or animals being subjected to testing. I'm sorry to hear this will be resumed in the UK. :(

I'm having a hard enough time still dealing with what our government has done with dogs over the years. Totally breaks my heart.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Alas, animal cruelty is rife in America in so many ways, especially with hunting which seems to be standard practice. :mad:

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I've never understood hunting for sport in the US. 🫤 The Disney movie Bambi was traumatizing even as an adult. 😢

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I'm lucky that I can't remember what happens in Bambi. Please don't remind me.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I won't share, I promise. Disney is not all that innocent in family fun entertainment.:mad:

Back
Top Bottom