Eight glasses of water a day excessive for most people, study suggests

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I’ve always thought the 2L water per day advice was too much and now I’ve been proved right since it’s been revealed that there’s no scientific evidence behind it at all.

“The current recommendation is not supported scientifically at all,” said Yosuke Yamada of the National Institute of Biomedical Innovation, Health and Nutrition in Japan, and one of the paper’s first authors. “Most of the scientists are not sure where this recommendation came from.”

Crims

Wethermon
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that it's because we're extremely less exercise-happy as a nation.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
That would reduce it significantly for sure.

It wouldn't surprise me if some athletes can consume 3L a day with the effort that they make.

Arantor

There’s also the fact that it should correlate with body size as well as activity level.

I’ve always tried to operate (especially in later years after a medical issue) on the theory that my target is “nearly clear”, because if it’s coming out clear, I have drunk so much water that the impurities aren’t visible.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
People have died from drinking too much water. I just drink when I need to....probably still don't drink enough though...water is boring...lol.

Back
Top Bottom