Facebook is a deeper cesspit than you thought

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
This is why:

If you want to understand why Facebook too often is a cesspool of hate and disinformation, a good place to start is with users such as John, Michelle, and Calvin.

John, a caps-lock devotee from upstate New York, calls House Speaker Nancy Pelosi “PIGLOSI,” uses the term negro, and says that the right response to Democrats with whom they disagree is to “SHOOT all of them.” Michelle rails against the “plandemic.” Calvin uses gay as a slur and declares that Black neighborhoods are always “SHITHOLES.” You’ve almost certainly encountered people like these on the internet. What you may not realize, though, is just how powerful they are.

There's still lots of good stuff on there though and I don't see much of it in my newsfeed, thankfully.

Despite Facebook's many flaws, I personally still find it a very useful resource and a great way to stay in touch with friends whom I'd otherwise lose contact with.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
FB, if it was appropriatley managed and didn't have some of the issues like data breaches etc.....just not a fan, except for the friendships connections.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
That’s the thing, it does have its place, especially for keeping in touch with people who live far away.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
It is good for my mom. She has been able to get in touch with a lot of her classmates from her home town. They have fun with their private group. :)

Back
Top Bottom