Glue traps: inhumane rodent control traps to finally be made illegal in England from April 2024

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Today I had the misfortune of learning that a really sick animal trap for rodent control exists: the glue trap. I'm not gonna go into much detail about how they work and their consequences, but suffice to say that any small animal or bug that gets stuck to it, dies slowly and horribly - they can even nail cats. A totally senseless and cruel murder of a small defenseless animal - it's an indiscriminate killer. I thought the spring loaded lethal mouse trap was bad enough, but this takes it to a whole new level of cruelty.

Thankfully, the government (yes, this awful tory government!) has actually done the right thing for once and passed a law banning them in England: the Glue Traps (Offences) Act. This comes into effect in April, but in my opinion it should be sooner and worldwide. I've not heard a peep about this new law in the news though. Funny that.

Meanwhile good old Amazon UK are selling these monstrous things, like the good, animal-loving corporate citizens that they are :rolleyes: so if you need a reason to boycott them, here's one.

PETA have an informative article on these cruel traps, behind the spoiler below. WARNING: contains lots of distressing pictures of animals stuck to these things and graphic descriptions of what happens to them, so don't look at it if you're easily distressed by such things.

The legislation in full from the government's website:

Back
Top Bottom