Happy Earth Day!

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Earth Day this year is April 22, 2023.
Happy Earth Day!

Earth day 1a.png

We all want to be earth's best steward. How can we care for the earth and keep it healthy? Many people are aware that what they do on a daily basis can affect the health of our earth. What changes are you making in your life to benefit your part of your world, your eco-system, with clean air and water? We can share with others tips that help maintain a healthy environment to bring us together for future generations.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
People seem to forget that we all effectively live on a very large spaceship with finite resources, although they're vast to be honest. Keeping this in mind makes wars all the more senseless and deranged, doesn't it? I'm looking at you, Putin.

The bit I can never quite get over, is that everything is made out of planet, no matter how indirect, even the living things on it, including us.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
People seem to forget that we all effectively live on a very large spaceship with finite resources, although they're vast to be honest. Keeping this in mind makes wars all the more senseless and deranged, doesn't it? I'm looking at you, Putin.

The bit I can never quite get over, is that everything is made out of planet, no matter how indirect, even the living things on it, including us.

Great way to put our earth into perspective and even a deeper dive into a reflection of how abundant (up to a point of non proliferation in some cases) our resources are that everything that we touch, eat and use are all sourced from the earth.

Crims

Wethermon
Earth Day the weather is quite good and we can replant our potted plants here for the back garden. A lot of what we have here is grown from the allotments, and that's kind of my heritage (Portuguese). it gives me context compared with people that are more wreckless, like Putin.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
That's really cool that you have a garden fully possible from allotments. I have a friend's friend that left the US for Portugal last year. They sold everything and took off and are really happy. Must be a very beautiful country.

So, I will opine on the same sentiment about Putin as @Retro and @Crims have shared.....Putin, you are messing up what was once a world somewhat at a peaceful place but now you have brought your terrible destruction to humanity and the earth. Shame on YOU!

Crims

Wethermon
That's really cool that you have a garden fully possible from allotments. I have a friend's friend that left the US for Portugal last year. They sold everything and took off and are really happy. Must be a very beautiful country.

So, I will opine on the same sentiment about Putin as @Retro and @Crims have shared.....Putin, you are messing up what was once a world somewhat at a peaceful place but now you have brought your terrible destruction to humanity and the earth. Shame on YOU!
Thank you. America for all the negative stuff I might engage in is a beautiful country, especially the places that have nature. I'm keen to visit, though I'd probably start with San Diego, and middle America. Portugal is a uninteresting country apart from the weather.

Last edited:

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Thank you. America for all the negative stuff I might engage in is a beautiful country, especially the places that have nature. I'm keen to visit, though I'd probably start with San Diego, and middle America. Portugal is a uninteresting country apart from the weather.
Middle America is a great place to start if you ever traveled. So much to see and really great people! We are still fascinated by Portugal and the weather must be awesome and right next to the sea!

Crims

Wethermon
Middle America is a great place to start if you ever traveled. So much to see and really great people! We are still fascinated by Portugal and the weather must be awesome and right next to the sea!
I heard a lot of good stuff of the areas between middle america and new york, though that might be hearsay. Portland and the northern states including the one that has a drinking culture are unique. English and Portuguese people are unique in similar ways that they are approachable and worth talking with. Anyways, happy earth day :)

Last edited:

Mars

Staff Member

True, we are made of 'planet'.... and our planet is made of atoms, atoms created in massive stars when they had finally reached the point of no return, their swan song, as they collapse and explode, in a magnificent supernova.

To think that all the elements, including the iron in our blood, the gold in our jewellery, the elements in a lion's mane and the air that we breath, they all came to be in that supernova...

We so should cherish this gift of the stars, instead of wantonly destroying earth's treasures.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Exactly, Mars, exactly.

Did you know that a supernova is so powerful that it can wipe out life on earth at 100 light years?!! Absolutely staggering. Can't comprehend a bomb that powerful. Just think, all our bombs going off at once wouldn't even get close to a rounding error compared to a supernova.

I've got a cute animated YouTube video on this on NZ. I'll look for it and link to it here.

Mars

Staff Member
Exactly, Mars, exactly.

Did you know that a supernova is so powerful that it can wipe out life on earth at 100 light years?!! Absolutely staggering. Can't comprehend a bomb that powerful. Just think, all our bombs going off at once wouldn't even get close to a rounding error compared to a supernova.

I've got a cute animated YouTube video on this on NZ. I'll look for it and link to it here.
Oh yes definitely staggering and totally, absolutely beyond our comprehension.....Just shows you what it takes to create Life.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Here it is:

Mars

Staff Member
Here it is:

Thank you Retro, just watched the video.....then I get up, look out of the window into the sunny garden; birds on their feeding bowl, flowering trees, so far far away from that "Most Extreme Explosion in the Universe".
After the pandemonium, the end of the video is very comforting. Comforting to know that the grim possibility of a supernova occurring closer than 100 light years away, is non existent.
What a relief:)

Crims

Wethermon
Thank you Retro, just watched the video.....then I get up, look out of the window into the sunny garden; birds on their feeding bowl, flowering trees, so far far away from that "Most Extreme Explosion in the Universe".
edited this high comment: I used to use supernova reference footage for animation when I was an animator way back

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom