Living with less technology?

Nebulous

Some people prefer to live with less technology in their lives.

Can you understand the desire to live a simpler life?

What can you live without?

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I'm the opposite of that. The thought of going on holiday somewhere and not having access to my smartphone for a week sounds awful. I love the online life and is part of the reason why I started this forum.

Crims

Wethermon
I could live without the news, though generally speaking there aren't many places I know of that aren't just posting new political rehashes of old things. My desire in life is generally offline anyway, though sometimes I go online and find references.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I'm kind of attached to technology too. To live austerely without technology, or a little tech would also be a challenge, though I think I could live without email :ROFLMAO:

Arantor

I live and breath technology both personally and professionally, and I find myself distracted when I don't have something to occupy my mind - but that's mostly because I get bored fairly easily (though I can power through tedious things for a long time if I can get it into my brain), and just need something to keep it ticking over.

Nebulous

I feel like technology is a big reason why I don't get more done and am not as healthy as I'd like to be. If I wasn't sitting here on the computer I'd be up and active and accomplishing stuff!

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Speaking of, a big thing that I use when I'm working offline is to interact with the animals in my neighbourhood.
That's always a worthy activity. :)

Are you helping out with rescues maybe?

Mars

Staff Member
@Nebulous
Technology.....in a way it gives you more freedom to do the things you like. I mean, you want to find info about something, you don't have to traipse to the library, you just google it. Easy peasy. And.... and even if by the time you are done with your online 'research' you could have gone to the library and back, the info and resources at your fingertips cannot compare to anything you could find in your local library.
SO that's about technology.
@Crims
Now about animals: could not do without them, no way. I have a ready made excuse for letting my garden do its own thing -almost- because of the wildlife it attracts.
That overgrown goji berry bush is the regular meeting place for sparrows. Right opposite their food bowls, and a handy escape when the local moggy parks himself underneath it; they just sit there and laugh at him.

Foxy comes along now and then, goes to sleep in the long grass. Ogling the pigeons, but never yet caught one. Makes an appearance for his dinner every few days, loves my cat's food. He is not too scared of me anymore, and eats from his bowl with me watching near by, what a lovely animal he is.

More animals in my humble suburban garden, and I love to watch and learn their unique ways.

Back
Top Bottom