Nicola Sturgeon resigns, now mired in scandal

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I remember when Nicola Sturgeon resigned recently saying that she just didn't want to do the job anymore that there was something fishy about it. Why? Because I've never known a politician in a position of power, and especially one in a position as powerful as Prime Minister, or First Minister as she was, to just resign saying they don't wanna do it anymore. They love that power and money, so they're always pushed out in a cloud of scandal. Now Sturgeon is mired in scandal it hardly surprises me and the scandal appears to revolve around £600 grand's worth of campaign finances, with most of it now gone for no apparent reason.

Also, why was the period for choosing a replacement candidate shortened from 77 days as is normal SNP party policy to a mere 8 days? This seems to have significantly affected the choice of SNP leader, which looks like another scandal in the making.

Read the article for more sleazy details and I'm sure more sleaze will be revealed in due course linking her departure to this scandal.

Mars

Staff Member
I remember when Nicola Sturgeon resigned recently saying that she just didn't want to do the job anymore that there was something fishy about it. Why? Because I've never known a politician in a position of power, and especially one in a position as powerful as Prime Minister, or First Minister as she was, to just resign saying they don't wanna do it anymore. They love that power and money, so they're always pushed out in a cloud of scandal. Now Sturgeon is mired in scandal it hardly surprises me and the scandal appears to revolve around £600 grand's worth of campaign finances, with most of it now gone for no apparent reason.

Also, why was the period for choosing a replacement candidate shortened from 77 days as is normal SNP party policy to a mere 8 days? This seems to have significantly affected the choice of SNP leader, which looks like another scandal in the making.

Read the article for more sleazy details and I'm sure more sleaze will be revealed in due course linking her departure to this scandal.

I agree. If you are looking for diamonds, you may sometimes have to dynamite a whole mountain; not so when you are looking to uncover sleaze and corruption where politicians are concerned. All you need to do is just scrape the surface, and before you know it the stench will hit.

Crims

Wethermon
Here I thought we'd be having bad news. Hope the next FM is even better for countering the Torys.

Last edited:

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Can't say I was a fan, but is the new guy any better? Given the controversy over his appointment, I'll bet it won't be long until scandal surrounds him too.

Crims

Wethermon
Can't say I was a fan, but is the new guy any better? Given the controversy over his appointment, I'll bet it won't be long until scandal surrounds him too.
He's traditional, or something more traditional as a followup? I'm guessing because I can't find info.

Last edited:

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
The scandal deepens. I'll bet the SNP really is close to bankruptcy. We'll find out soon enough. In the meantime, there's growing pressure for Sturgeon to quit the SNP.

Mars

Staff Member
The scandal deepens. I'll bet the SNP really is close to bankruptcy. We'll find out soon enough. In the meantime, there's growing pressure for Sturgeon to quit the SNP.

This was satisfying to read in the Telegraph article:
....."After her resignation, there had been speculation that Ms Sturgeon would take a high-profile international job, potentially with the UN, but her appeal to potential employers is seen to have nosedived."

I was always of the opinion that politics, by its very nature, is a dirty business. It looks like Ms Sturgeon is a very dirty politician indeed.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I do love the way it catches up with them. If they end up doing jail time, that's the icing on the cake.

Mars

Staff Member
I do love the way it catches up with them. If they end up doing jail time, that's the icing on the cake.
Jail time they do richly deserve; as do British politicians here. It is a shocking but undisputed fact that their negligence and dereliction of their duty-of-care, during the pandemic, caused thousands of vulnerable people to lose their lives. 😠
But those dirty bastards never get their just deserts.

Mars

Staff Member
This just keeps getting better lol.

Yeah, sure she just "didn't wanna do the job anymore". Pull the other one.

Yeah, I hope she is arrested and charged, not just arrested and released without charges, like the other two fraudsters.
Yousaf looks very suspicious to me as well. He takes no action; why? Has he also got something to hide?
I'm telling you, politics are soooo dirty.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I reckon scandal will soon erupt around our blessed Yousaf too. He looks suspicious af.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
There's been quite a bit happening with Sturgeon since I last posted, but this one regarding her deleted WhatsApp messages - every single message was deleted - looks like it's gonna really get her into trouble since she's now facing a criminal investigation over it.

I knew when she resigned that the sappy reason she gave was a lie as no politician wants to give up such a position of power and since then we've seen the proof several times over.

Nicola Sturgeon is facing a criminal investigation over deleting her WhatsApp messages from the pandemic after bereaved families instructed lawyers to prepare a police complaint.

Aamer Anwar, lead solicitor of the Scottish Covid Bereaved group, said he had been instructed to make a complaint to Police Scotland.

He said he would also ask the Information Commissioner’s Office to investigate “any potential breaches of the law” after the UK Covid Inquiry heard on Friday that “no messages whatsoever” had been handed over by Ms Sturgeon.

Mr Anwar told the Sunday Mail there were “severe consequences for those in power who choose to delete information with the intention of preventing its disclosure to a public inquiry”.

Back
Top Bottom