People like this don't deserve to win the lottery

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
An older couple with kids won £3.8m on the lottery, a truly life changing amount of money. Great, happy for them, until I read this:

The couple also said that they will be continuing in their jobs for the time being.
"We like to work, it keeps us busy and gives you a purpose."

I mean seriously, wtf? The only reason to do these miserable low paid 9-5 jobs is because one needs the money, nothing else. This kind of money frees you up to follow your dreams, vocations, perhaps get involved with a good cause somewhere, do things you really care about. This kind of small mindedness really gets my goat and I don't think they deserved to win that money, just for that. If they do eventually quit their jobs, then yeah, cool. Finally.

Mars

Staff Member
I can tell you one thing, they won't have a good time at work, surrounded by people that actually have to work for their living, rather then - like those lottery millionaires - going to work 'as a hobby'.
No fear, they won't last at work for any length of time, this all just talk.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Oh yeah, the jealousy will be rife and I include myself in that group. People are gonna be wondering what they're doing there when that job could be given to someone who actually needs the money.

Would be interesting to read a follow-up article on how long they stayed in their jobs. Shame it's not likely to happen.

So daft to go public with a massive win like this as it will attract so many hangers-on and dangerous criminals who will try to scam and / or extort them out of their money.

Back
Top Bottom