Phones and Online Finances

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
Interested to hear other's views on Mobile Phone apps and online finances.

I recently applied for a credit card and there is a big push to download an app to deal with all banking issues related to the card, no mention could I find of using a normal web page (found one eventually)

I tend to avoid financial transactions via a mobile, they say it is safe but there again CrowdStrike (never heard of them) would have denied the possibility of that world wide IT catastrophe that occurred a couple of days back.

Call me old fashioned but I like a proper screen and keyboard, easier to check the padlock, view the certificate etc

Geffers

Astro What

Why not just go back to paper statements and mailing a check in? Worked for decades? ;)
I generally do not use a mobile app to process any transactions, but that is not because I don't trust them. I generally have a desktop computer or laptop on hand and prefer to do my internet related stuff on one of them as I am more comfortable using a keyboard than the one on a mobile app. I have also found that it is easy to miss stuff on mobile compared to desktop when dealing with things like money.

Back
Top Bottom