Portal with RTX: Portal superbly raytraced NVIDIA style

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Wow this looks good! I've played Portal and Portal 2, both brilliant puzzle games from Valve, the makers of the unfinished Half-Life series. They're in the same universe, in fact and both have excellent graphics for the time which still look good today.

NVIDIA wants to show off the ray tracing capabilities of its latest 40 series graphics cards, so they're releasing this free Portal DLC for them, called Portal with RTX. Interestingly, it uses the brand agnostic Vulcan API, so presumably it should run on AMD graphics cards and even the old GTX cards too. YouTube demo at the bottom of this post.

At the time of writing, it's releasing "soon", so I'll be grabbing it for sure and it should run pretty well on my RTX 2080 SUPER. If you don't have the games yet, they're only £8.50 each, so will fit anyone's budget, hence I highly recommend them.

Here's NVIDIA's product page for it. Lots of dynamic screenshots with sliders for comparing with and without raytracing and the difference is marked.

Portal with RTX.jpg

Lot's more screenshots at 1920x1080 resolution at the Steam product page, below.

1667008494302.png

And here's a short YouTube demo of it:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Back
Top Bottom