Rick Dangerous on the SAM Coupé

HEXdidnt

An actual game this time, rather that one of my BASIC demos... Here we have another excellent bit of conversion work from the Amiga/ST by Anton Javorček, Rick Dangerous has made its way to the SAM a mere 32 years after it was originally created by Core and published by Firebird.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Runs brilliantly under SimCoupe, but I haven't yet transferred it to my physical SAM. Pixel-perfect precision required, so I've not got very far yet!

Mort

And another crap video here :)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

HEXdidnt

You did a heck of a lot better than I have, so far...

...But, is it me, or is this far better than Montana Mike on the Spectrum Next? I mean, I know this is basically just a conversion, but Montana Mike should - theoretically - have way better graphics and move more smoothly... But it looks all fuzzy, and the player character's movement is kinda... slippery?

Mort

Indeed - although tbh i'd never seen RD before Montana was released - I'd been told it was an obviously inspired game.

I wasn't overly impressed with the graphics in Montana - I know theoretically they should be better - but I agreed that SAM RD looks much more polished.

Back
Top Bottom