Ship or Plane - which way to travel?

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
Appreciate a lot depends on locations etc but this is an interesting video outlining New York to UK by QE2 can be as cheap as an economy flight but enjoy 5 days of Cunard experience.

A nine minute video showcases the experience.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Geffers

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I like that you can bring your pets and they have room to roam.

We have cruised a number of times. The embarking and disembarking has always been a nightmare though. The last time we disembarked was also the last time we cruised. Too long to write about but it was a terrible experience.

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
I like that you can bring your pets and they have room to roam.

We have cruised a number of times. The embarking and disembarking has always been a nightmare though. The last time we disembarked was also the last time we cruised. Too long to write about but it was a terrible experience.
Never cruised, other than a ferry from tip of Italy to Corfu, few hours but not a cruise.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Never cruised, other than a ferry from tip of Italy to Corfu, few hours but not a cruise.

Your ferry experience in Italy sounds really nice.:) Cruising takes a patient person. I've cruised on both Norwegian and Royal Caribbean many times over a span of 20 years. Both of them had their issues, but I'd say, the bigger the ship, the bigger the issues are. Also, despite "their" claim that these ships have stabilizers to handle bad weather and high waves, don't believe them. :rolleyes: We stopped cruising after our last cruise on Royal Caribbean after an extremely bad disembarking experience where we were all trapped on the ship in tight spaces and couldn't move for an hour and a half because of some port issue. We did consider cruising again, then Covid happened. The thought of being trapped on a ship with a lot of sick people wasn't attractive either. No thanks, I'll look for a nice ferry experience like you had! :)

Back
Top Bottom