Should "dangerous" dogs be banned?

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
The sad fact is that when these dogs inflict damage, bite, maul, kill, it is the poor animal that pays the ultimate price, by losing its life.
This is a hard pill to swallow, to know that an animal is destroyed thru no fault of theirs.
That's such a sickening travesty. +1 to the rest of your post, too.

Astro What

The official police message is that carrying a knife can often be used against you by an attacker and I can see why that might be.
If you aren't willing to use whatever you carry to defend yourself, you are just giving them a weapon. A large number of folks that have a CCW would be incapable of dropping the hammer on someone if justified. It really goes against normal human nature to do something like that. You have to literally train yourself to do it. And yes, I've had to so in the past.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
If you aren't willing to use whatever you carry to defend yourself, you are just giving them a weapon. A large number of folks that have a CCW would be incapable of dropping the hammer on someone if justified. It really goes against normal human nature to do something like that. You have to literally train yourself to do it. And yes, I've had to so in the past.
Yes, I'm pretty sure that this forms part of the reason for the ban on personal offensive weapons. They also want to prevent escalation.

So, what constitutes an offensive weapon? Imagine someone has a sharp 9 inch kitchen knife on them.

Scenario 1 - not offensive
It's just been bought from the supermarket, it's still in its blister pack and is together with the rest of the shopping, in bags.

Scenario 2 - offensive
Knife isn't in any protective cover and hidden inside the person's clothing in a position where it can easily be pulled out at a moment's notice.

How that doesn't cut them to ribbons I don't know, but that's a different question.

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
@Geffers as you say, "XL Bully" a cute doggy name it is certainly not
I have known aggressive Labradors,
An aggressive Labrador, surely not 😂😂:cool:

Joking aside, saw an old Indian railway video where a Labrador was used as a guard dog, looked so funny this Lab running after someone in a training exercise, tail wagging, ears flapping then biting their arm. I'm sure it was a playful 'nip'

Back
Top Bottom