Sky Soundbar Purchase x2 (Chris Green's fault)

CosmicCruncher

Took recipt of these Sky Soundbox's today following a tip from @chrisgreen . RRP: £299 for Sky customers, picked them up for £99 each from Ebay in as new condition. One for myself, the other for my parents. Set ours up with the bedroom TV tonight, impressed so far with the sound quality and decent bass. Works well with the FireTV remote to control the volume from a single remote. The FireTV remote also control the power for the soundbar but I've found it a bit hit and miss so far so may need the original Sky remote within reach still.

20210621_203702 (Medium).jpg

Note you don't need Sky to use this, it's just a soundbar. To get audio from your devices it offers HDMI passthrough (not sure if this is Sky box only though) or a simple optical connection (which I'm using from the output on the TV). Also supports bluetooth (yet to test).

If anyone is interested let me know and I'll send the details of where I got it from if they're still available.

chrisgreen

My work here is done :)

So the HDMI loop through will work with any source, it’s not restricted to a sky box. However, I’m using the HDMI loop through on mine for the Sky box, and the optical for everything else coming out of the TV (Freeview, Fire TV Stick, Blu-ray player etc).

chrisgreen

I can also confirm that my next door neighbours have complained about the bass. I felt the need to watch the State of the Art Amiga demo on YouTube at 2am this morning. Sounded great. Mission accomplished. As it’s the noisy neighbours that keep parking across my drive and that I don’t like, stuff’em.

RobA1200

that’s the first time ive seen one of those- is it the same size as a sky q box?

Back
Top Bottom