Stray - a game for cat lovers everywhere (review)

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
If you love cats, you'll really like this game.

To be released tomorrow, 19.07.22 and currently at 10% off on Steam (£23.99 / £21.59) this is the adventure of a ginger cat in a strange, dystopian world. It's brilliantly done, with the movement and mannerisms (and meows!) of a real cat, captured very well. Available on the PC, PS4 & PS5.

I'll be buying it on PC.

Stray is certainly a game that grabs your attention. The core concept of a cat exploring a dark Blade-Runner-esque post-apocalyptic world is intriguing, and the game’s vivid, ultra-detailed presentation is pretty astounding considering this game’s the work of a small first-time studio. It’s no surprise Stray immediately jumped to the top of many people’s “Most Anticipated Indies” list.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Three videos available on the Steam page:

On PlayStation:

The review:

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I gave up playing this game not too long after starting it, unfortunately. Not because it was poor, but because there's a section near the start that I can't get past where the red alien things jump all over our ginger protagonist and kill it. I think you're supposed to outrun them and shake them off when they jump, but after repeated attempts, I could never get through, so I gave up. I think games should have cheat modes for sticky areas like this. I feel like I wasted my money.

Back
Top Bottom