Tesla charging headaches and low range - avoid

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
This YouTuber is going back to petrol cars after experiencing the delights of trying to charge a Tesla and its low driving range.

Oh and the stupid thing kept going "Ding! Ding! Ding!" at the start of the video for no apparent reason.

These are the issues that I have with electric cars and they're all related to the battery (other than the mystery ding) so I'm gonna stick to petrol cars for as long as possible. If it were not for this, I'd be all-in for electric cars. Hopefully we'll get there one day.

I also didn't like the cockpit of the Tesla which is kinda basic, plus no front seat USB ports. Not a car I'd buy.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

secretprojects

In China there are electric cars with removable batteries where instead of recharging your battery, you just swap out your dead one for a freshly charged one at a service station. Could be an idea.

I have an ebike which I love, ride to and from work. 42km round trip, pretty much the same journey time as a car.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
That sounds like a great idea. Thing is, how standardised are these batteries? Presumably a bigger car would have a bigger battery, so the station would have to stock various different types.

It could also lead to buyers choosing cars based on how easy it is to remove the battery and similar considerations.

Welcome to NerdZone. 🙂

Uncrowned

My largest issue with battery cars is that I will likely own them past the battery life and will have no way to pay for a battery repair. I can see swappable batteries fixing a lot of the issues, but it will require an industry standard and that is a rough achievement. Also, Musk and Tesla need to get sued for their false advertising of milage on the batteries now that it is essentially proven that it is fake.

Mars

Staff Member
Why am I not surprised at this? Use the heater and it plummets even further. Give me a petrol car any day.

"Give me a petrol car any day". you said it! (confession: actually I like my diesel engine, soooo reliable)

Back
Top Bottom