Tetris finally broken by a human being!

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I've previously posted about AI beating Tetris in an impressive achievement by causing the game to eventually crash, but now a human has done it too, in what was thought to be an impossible feat in this feelgood computer gaming story.

An Oklahoma teenager is believed to have become the first human player to beat Nintendo's classic video game Tetris, 34 years after its release.

Willis Gibson posted a video on his YouTube channel of the moment he reached level 157, causing the game to crash.

The 13-year-old fell back into his chair - declaring: "I'm going to pass out, I can't feel my fingers."

It only took him 38 minutes to beat the game.

Remarkably, until a few years ago, players believed it was only possible to play up to level 29.

Here's the video that Willis posted on his YouTube channel of him achieving this milestone. It's 42 minutes long and shows the run in its entirety. Note how he couldn't feel his hands towards the end, so there are health implications if one plays it too obsessively, like with most things.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

And here's the AI story that I mentioned above:

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Tetris is used in our conversation to this day, like if we are stacking the dishes in the dishwasher, we are "tetrising them to all fit". :D

Loved playing Tetris. On my first website, I had the vB Pro Arcade for members and one of the games was Tetris....of course Asteroids too. :)

I'm not excited that AI won, but I'm really excited a human beat the game.

Back
Top Bottom