The A600 Thread

chrisgreen

Yes, WHDLoad support is a must these days, so being able to hit the 8MB Fast Ram requirement was essential. Doing a soft reset (Ctrl Amiga Amiga) will toggle the Furia down to 4MB Fast Ram to allow use of the PCMCIA port (if it’s ever needed). So there’s an option for that external storage access.

chrisgreen

Bit of progress to report. After several failed attempts which turned out to be due to a malfunctioning CompactFlash to MicroSD Card adapter, a replacement adapter was used and I now have a working 64GB MicroSD-based CF Hard Drive inside the A600. Annoyingly, it doesn't register any activity on the HDD light on the A600 case (the case light and IDC CF slot are both fine, it's just that the CF to MicroSD card adapter doesn't register an activity signal. A real CF card in the IDE CF slot does.)

IMG_0184.jpg

Using the Gotek, I installed AmigaOS 3.2 using the ADF disk images. This was actually not as painful as I feared. It took about 15 mins to do. I have dumped the entire contents of the AmigaOS3.2 CD to a USB stick for this purpose.

IMG_0185.jpg

Please ignore any strange patterns on the screen. These are entirely due to the iPhone 11 Pro Max Camera not coping well with photographing my monitor screen. The actual picture output (from the RGB2HDMI) is perfect.

IMG_0186.jpg

Even running in High Res Laced in 16 colours, and no flicker :)

IMG_0191.jpg

And finally, the obligatory SysInfo benchmark to show the impact of the Furia accelerator. The Furia actually cost the same as the TF1230 card, despite the TF is substantially more powerful. But the Furia is doing a great job so far, and has made the 600 faster than the Amiga 3000 I used to own. I still miss that 3000, should never have sold it.

HEXdidnt

16-colour Hi Res Laced on an A600? #WorkbenchGoals

Must check how much fast RAM I have on my ancient (Apollo?) accelerator... I seem to remember it's just a SIMM, so I could probably switch it out if the accelerator supports more than I currently have.

Back
Top Bottom