The Black Friday retail con job

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I always thought that the Black Friday retail promotion carried out by many retailers, including Amazon, was a con job as the prices seldom looked good, so I stopped bothering with it. Now this article confirms it.

The fighting over a TV is the icing on the cake. I'd never get dragged into something like that. So embarrassing.

Shoppers searching for Black Friday bargains are being warned that most deals do not offer genuine discounts.

Analysis of more than 200 offers last Black Friday found 98% were cheaper or the same price at other times in the year, consumer group Which? said.

The warning comes as the number of people hitting UK shops this Black Friday is forecast at 12.8% higher than 2021, retail experts Springboard said.

Many are under extra pressure to make savings as the cost of living rises.

Black Friday and Cyber Monday are the busiest dates in the retail calendar. Previous years have seen a shopping frenzy featuring long queues, empty shelves and scenes of customers fighting over the last cut price television set.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I haven't physically shopped Black Friday for years. I do everything online. That way I won't get punched, shot or my truck scratched ;)

Matter of fact, I'm shopping online right now. One of my favorite skin care lines is offering 30% off. So easy!! I find the prices so much better online during this time of year specific to the brand, rather then going to Amazon or any other big store..

eidairman1

Hike prices right before and then claim you are getting deals.

I never shop on that day because of idiots everywhere

Back
Top Bottom