The Cockup Thread

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Post funny and embarrasing cockups here.

There was the early spot of the target, laser-sharp focus while honing in, and a crunching body slam to the ground.
There was only one thing wrong. The security guard had taken out a PGA Tour professional.

slam dunk.jpg

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Awww, you gotta feel sorry for this guy.

The man, who asked not to be named, wished to give his apologies for "ruining everything" on Friday evening.

He told The Herald he had tried to leave the venue slightly earlier because he had to go for a particular train and, in the course of trying to sneak off quietly, hit the wrong button.

He said: "I couldn't open the doors out of the upper circle downstairs entrance.

"I wondered if there was a button on the wall to open or unlock the doors.

"I noticed a small red button behind a sliding plastic opening, with arrows either side of it pointing away from it.

"I was in a bit of a hurry so pressed the button, then was horrified to realise it was the fire alarm, the very loud alarm was ringing and a recorded voice was telling everyone to evacuate the building because fire had been reported."

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Best rule, don't press the red button. :oops: Poor guy!

Many years ago, when cafeterias used to be the thing in the states, there was one popular cafeteria that always had an exit door right at the part of the line where the trays are to start picking out your food. The fact that the door was there and had a big "fire alarm" button on it always bothered me because it would be so easy to bump it and set it off.

Mars

Staff Member
Best rule, don't press the red button. :oops: Poor guy!

Many years ago, when cafeterias used to be the thing in the states, there was one popular cafeteria that always had an exit door right at the part of the line where the trays are to start picking out your food. The fact that the door was there and had a big "fire alarm" button on it always bothered me because it would be so easy to bump it and set it off.
In fact, I am surprised that no one has ever set it off on purpose; being situated where it was, it was begging for some idiot to press the big red button just in order to create mayhem.

Back
Top Bottom