The Hamas-Israel war thread

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
My heart goes out to the Israeli people for the profound terror assault on their country, the loss of life, those that have been taken hostage and the terror they must all be experiencing now. I also mourn the loss of life on any innocent Palestinian people caught in the crosshairs of this terrorists attack at the Gaza strip.

War and hatred needs to end.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
It’s truly horrible. I can’t even read the whole stories as it’s too distressing, similar to the war in Ukraine.

Mars

It’s truly horrible. I can’t even read the whole stories as it’s too distressing, similar to the war in Ukraine.
yeah, same here, I am not watching it, what that poor girl is going thru, I can't even go there. Israeli soldiers taken captive.The torture is unimaginable.
They say Iran is behind this; I would add bloody Russia.
My heart goes out to the Israeli people for the profound terror assault on their country, the loss of life, those that have been taken hostage and the terror they must all be experiencing now. I also mourn the loss of life on any innocent Palestinian people caught in the crosshairs of this terrorists attack at the Gaza strip.

War and hatred needs to end.
It is horrific indeed, the big mystery remains though, how is it that there was no intelligence and the mighty IDF was caught totally unaware....I mean, terrorists not only entering Israel but entering TWO Israeli army bases?? Unheard of!
Something very wrong is going on there.
The IDF has spies amongst terrorist groups; makes you wonder, was one of their spies actually a mole?:(

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
They say Iran is behind this; I would add bloody Russia.
That's what I was thinking.

The more chaos and disorder that Russia can produce, the better it is for their bloody war in Ukraine. The West is already wavering in its support as it is. Idiots.

It is horrific indeed, the big mystery remains though, how is it that there was no intelligence and the mighty IDF was caught totally unaware....I mean, terrorists not only entering Israel but entering TWO Israeli army bases?? Unheard of!
Something very wrong is going on there.
The IDF has spies amongst terrorist groups; makes you wonder, was one of their spies actually a mole?:(
It does sounds like a well organised operation. Again, Russia would be equipped for something like this.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I agree with the both of you....something very wrong. The great Mossad Intelligence Agency has a stellar reputation, how could any of this be missed? I look at America's 911 (attack in NY on 9-11-2001) and I wonder how that was missed too? What's certain, is these terrorist groups will attack on unique days in a country as Hamas did on Saturday, which for the Israeli's was the 50th anniversary of the Yom Kippur war that started October 6, 1973.

There is a trail that leads back to Iran, yes. Both Hamas and Hezbollah are terrorist arms of Iran. Also, agree that the link goes further.

These poor people and what they are enduring is unimaginable. I've seen unintended pictures of the Israeli's and even pictures of the Palestinians caught in the cross hairs of this too. War is evil and heartless.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Sums it up perfectly, really hits the nail on the head. Agree with the rest of your post too of course, Tiffs.

Totally evil and barbaric. There hasn't been any censorship of the atrocities of this attack.

I didn't realize until this morning that Israel left Gaza about twenty years ago and all of the Israeli people have not been living in Gaza all of this time. I also didn't realize that Gaza's government is ruled by Hamas since 2007.

The group was founded in 1987 by Sheikh Ahmed Yassin, a Palestinian refugee living in Gaza, during the first intifada, or uprising, which was marked by widespread protests against Israel’s occupation.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Tiffs, that Washington Post article is behind a paywall, unfortunately.

Here's an article detailing how Hamas planned and committed their atrocity by "going back to the stone age". Note that there's no mention of a Russia connection here, so it simply remains my suspicion that they might be involved somehow, as I explained in post 4.

Hamas fooled Israel over two years into believing it was too war weary to fight, going “stone age” to escape high-tech surveillance and training on a mock Israeli settlement as it plotted Saturday’s devastating attack.

In a major intelligence failure, Israel believed it was containing Hamas by giving economic incentives to workers in Gaza, despite fighters often conducting exercises in plain sight and reported warnings from other intelligence agencies.

Far from being contained, Hamas was planning a surprise attack that marked the biggest breach in Israel’s defences since the Yom Kippur war 50 years ago.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Reading more about this damned war, I just can't believe that we're still going through this garbage in 2023. Age of Enlightenment my ass. We're still ruled by psychopaths with god complexes. Makes me so angry.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Tiffs, that Washington Post article is behind a paywall, unfortunately.

Here's an article detailing how Hamas planned and committed their atrocity by "going back to the stone age". Note that there's no mention of a Russia connection here, so it simply remains my suspicion that they might be involved somehow, as I explained in post 4.

Sorry about that on the Washington Post article.

Just read your article. The most detail I've seen about this attack. My husband has a saying, "Compassion kills"...meaning the moment you let your guard down is the moment you put yourself at risk....much like the Israeli's did. I get Israel trying to help the Palestinians by offering work permits, that's admirable, but to ignore the activity in plain sight and dismiss it, that's on them and that is really hard for me to say.
Reading more about this damned war, I just can't believe that we're still going through this garbage in 2023. Age of Enlightenment my ass. We're still ruled by psychopaths with god complexes. Makes me so angry.

Saw more news and each day what is being reported is more horrifying than the day before. I agree, what happened to humans being able to rise above war and use negotiating skills to compromise and avoid war? I know some of those answers but they may too controversial to discuss openly.

Anger, indeed. There's too much that can go wrong at this point with Hezbollah at the border and I just read the leader of Hamas, Khalid Mashal, has called on Muslims Worldwide to rise up on Friday the 13th.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
There's no negotiating with Hamas as another report said that they want to wipe out Israel and turn it into an islamic state. The only way to win this is to go all out and wipe Hamas out instead. Yes, this is a full scale war, just what Putin wants ffs.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
There's no negotiating with Hamas as another report said that they want to wipe out Israel and turn it into an islamic state. The only way to win this is to go all out and wipe Hamas out instead. Yes, this is a full scale war, just what Putin wants ffs.

I just hope that we don't have different middle eastern countries want to join in an all out middle east war that becomes an "us" against "them" thing where now we are back to alliances and axis powers of a different kind and I'll second your "ffs".

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Why do I have the feeling that the terrorists have won a little victory with this one? :mad:

The Football Association is unlikely to light the Wembley arch in the colours of the Israel flag because of fears of a backlash from some communities.

The UK government has written a letter encouraging governing bodies in sport to "appropriately" mark the attacks in Israel this week with shows of support for the victims.

The government has not specifically asked the FA to light the Wembley arch.

Rather than lighting the arch, BBC Sport understands a message of peace and unity will be conveyed before England face Australia in a friendly on Friday.

The FA has been in touch with Football Australia to confirm there will be some form of acknowledgement for the victims before kick-off.

Last year the FA lit the arch in the blue and yellow colours of the Ukraine flag in solidarity with the country after it was invaded by Russia.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
It just keeps on getting worse.

"And it's really obvious now that Hamas are essentially laying a trap for Israel," said Younger.

"And [it] will be well pleased if Israel commits itself to an open-ended, full-scale ground invasion of Gaza because of the scale and intensity of conflict that that would entail, and the loss of innocent life that would inevitably follow and the radicalization that would engender, and the extent to which will put Israel's allies and partners in the region in an impossible position."

He said Hamas was likely surprised by how successful its mission had been, with militants successfully evading Israeli surveillance and breaking through Israel's high-tech border security before advancing around 30 kilometres into Israel.

A senior Hamas official said much the same thing.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
There's nothing quite like a pro Palestinian teacher demonstrating his anti Semitic tendenices by doing unpleasant things to his Jewish students. :rolleyes:

A Stanford University lecturer ordered his Jewish students to stand in a corner and told them “this is what Israel does to Palestine”, according to reports.

The teacher is understood to have said “only” six million Jews were killed in the Holocaust and labelled students as “colonisers” or “colonised” depending on their heritage.

He also claimed the Hamas massacre of hundreds of Israelis was “legitimate” and described the terrorists as “freedom fighters”, according to The Forward, an American newspaper aimed at a Jewish audience.

"Only" 6 million, so that's alright then. If it had been a bit more then it might have started to be a problem, huh? Read the rest of the article to see just how bad this guy is. At least he's been suspended for this and wasn't named in the article, unfortunately.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
@Retro thank you for the updates. I'm afraid too, about what Hamas is doing in Gaza City. I'm also very concerned about the innocent people that are trapped there and Hamas won't let them leave.

I can't believe that Stanford teacher did that. I did not know about that. Harvard and several other universities have pulled some really heavy rhetoric that I didn't expect too. Of all places, colleges and universities should be very clear on their history, and what they teach, but apparently taking sides is more important rather than just taking a stand for peace overall.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Trust Iran to stick its nose in and we know why: because they fund and provide resources to these terrorists. So, what, Hamas is allowed to launch a massive attack on Israel, while Israel isn't allowed to retaliate? On what planet does Iran live on?

Iran has told Israel through the UN that it will intervene if the country’s operations against Hamas in Gaza continue, a report has claimed.

Israel has warned 1.1 million people living in the north of the enclave to evacuate ahead of an expected ground operation in Gaza with the IDF planning to strike the territory from land, sea and air.

Iran’s involvement could be through a militant group from Syria or by backing Hezbollah to join the conflict, diplomatic sources told Axios.

Meanwhile, Iran’s foreign minister Hossein Amirabdollahian said that Israel’s operations could cause fighting to expand to other areas of the Middle East which would cause Israel to suffer “a huge earthquake”, reported the Associated Press.

Hezbollah has thousands of fighters and an estimated 150,000 rockets and missiles capable of hitting anywhere in Israel, according to the outlet.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Trust Iran to stick its nose in and we know why: because they fund and provide resources to these terrorists. So, what, Hamas is allowed to launch a massive attack on Israel, while Israel isn't allowed to retaliate? On what planet does Iran live on?

The laws of common sense have been blown out the door years ago....what's right is wrong and what's wrong is now right and it just baffles me....here in the US criminals are more protected than the victims in more states. It's like surreal to watch, so this thing with Iran saying that Israel isn't allowed to defend themselves is absurd. When a bully attacks you, the natural order of response that goes way back to early civilization is to retaliate to protect yourself. Israel was attacked first by Hamas. No matter where you stand on either side (it should be peace no matter what), Israel has the right to protect and defend their country from the brutal and savage attack by Hamas.

The problem with hate is you can be so blind to logic. I'll just say that Iran is blind to logic and keep it simple.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I just don't understand the level of antisemitism in the US? I can't speak for the UK, but it's shocking to hear. That tube driver should be fired, if for anything, terrifying the passengers.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Hard to miss the latest news on the war between Israel and Hamas in Gaza. Sometimes the news is so descriptive now as they aren't using any filters anymore to describe the atrocities. I had to take a short break from it this week, not a complete break, just dialed it down a bit. Meanwhile as I was trying to get my "center" back, the US had another mass shooting in Maine a few days ago.

Since Israel has started their official momentum and strikes on Hamas, I've seen very destructive pictures on the buildings brought to ruble the past few days. I suppose as I get older, I'm seeing war differently. I don't like it.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I hate the way Big Media over here appears to be pro Palestinian.

Funny how they keep harping on about Israel displacing Palestinian civilians with their bombing, but fail to mention that Israel has prepared refuges for them in the south.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
They also insist on calling Hamas a "militant group" rather than what they are, terrorists. The British government has officially defined them as such, so what are the media afraid of? They never describe their ongoing atrocities as terrorism, either.

Back
Top Bottom