The Hamas-Israel war thread

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I agree, I don't think you should be politically correct when the truth is people were killed savagely including small children. There was a huge Pro-Hamas rally in New York again. It was unbelievable in size and very unsettling.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Oh man, so many bloody pro-Hamas rallies all the sodding time here too. What the hell is wrong with people?

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
There are too many pro-Hamas and pro-Palestinian rallies. There were more this weekend in Washington DC and California. A poor Jewish man in California was killed by a pro-Hamas man that threw the megaphone at his head, he fell back on the pavement and died. I read that tiktok is the largest media website responsible for promoting pro-Hamas.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I read that tiktok is the largest media website responsible for promoting pro-Hamas.
Why am I not surprised that it's TT that's guilty of this? They're always at the centre of some controversy.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Has anyone noticed the war in Israel is dominating the news and we are not hearing much about the war in Ukraine lately? I have to purposely look for news about Ukraine now.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I noticed that straight away Tiffs. So plays into Putin's hands ffs.

At least the BBC and The Guardian both continue to have Ukraine sections on their front pages.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Disturbing developments as we are trying to get aid inside of Gaza to the hospitals too. There are many pre-mature babies without incubators. So many inhumane repercussions from this war between Hamas and Israel. I think about all of the displaced pets and animals too. ☹️

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Finally, proof that the Dar al-Shifa hospital in Gaza houses hamas terrorists who must be flushed out and killed.

The Israeli army has published video footage that it says shows the first solid evidence of a sophisticated Hamas tunnel network underneath Gaza City’s Dar al-Shifa hospital complex.

In a statement on Sunday, the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) said troops operating near the in-patients building at al-Shifa found a booby-trapped pickup truck in a garage inside the medical complex’s walls. When it was destroyed in a controlled explosion, a tunnel was exposed beneath the floor of the garage, the IDF said, providing photographs.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
It's great that hostages have been freed, but the price was too high and this article explains why. This is the core of it, as far as I can see:

Hamas is set to release 50 terror victims, and Israel will release 150 accused or convicted criminals, a ratio the reverse of what we should consider civilised.

So, hamas got what they wanted, right? No, what should have happened is that hamas should be on their knees, begging for the bombing to stop and released all the hostages unconditionally, not just a few hostages for loads of terrorists. Now those 150 freed terrorists will be committing more terrorist atrocities. The problem has just gotten bigger, as the article says:

The benefits of freeing hostages are visible now. The much larger costs are on their way.

On top of that, support from America is starting to wane too, while attention continues to be diverted away from the Russia-Ukraine was which is actually much more critical since it's world order defining.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
This exchange of hostages for terrorists has me baffled. I do believe though, this seems to be what Israel does, as there have been several types of exchanges in the past, like the Yun Kipper terror attack and in 1971 then in 2007. I'm not up to speed on this, still reading, but just first impression.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Such assholes, deliberately ruining people's Christmas shopping in their support of hamas terrorists.

Hundreds of pro-Palestinian protesters brought traffic on Oxford Street to a standstill on one of the busiest shopping days of the Christmas period.

The marchers walked slowly along the central London street in a bid to cause disruption. Holding placards declaring “no shopping while bombs are dropping” and “ceasefire now”, they made their way from Soho Square towards Oxford Circus, holding up buses and taxis.

There were chants of “from the river to the sea, Palestine will be free” – interpreted by some as a call for the destruction of the state of Israel – and “stop bombing children” as the crowd of around 500 made its way past Christmas shoppers.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Because a march for Palestine is a march for hamas, whether intended to, or not. And it's a dick move ruining people's shopping, no?

btw, given the latest hamas demands, I have some thoughts about the state of the war which will probably interest you. Hopefully I'll manage to post them here in a few hours. I need a suitable amount of free time to put it all together though, which I don't have right now.

TheURL

Because a march for Palestine is a march for hamas, whether intended to, or not. And it's a dick move ruining people's shopping, no?

btw, given the latest hamas demands, I have some thoughts about the state of the war which will probably interest you. Hopefully I'll manage to post them here in a few hours. I need a suitable amount of free time to put it all together though, which I don't have right now.
You seem to have decided on their behalf what their views are, and reached your own judgement. That's not a stance I really want to lock horns with you about. I've only ever done my Christmas shopping online - it's a lot less crowded.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
No, I haven't "decided on their behalf", it's what they're clearly doing. In fact, I saw a news article only the other day quoting Palestinian mothers lovingly wishing their kids to become suicide bombers in order to wipe out Israel. A totally sick ideology I think you'll agree. This is whom you're promoting marching for in a misguided belief of them being the poor underdogs, when they're actually the terrorists. I need to find that article again and post it here, it was on Yahoo news.

Of course, not all Palestinian families are like that and I do genuinely feel for them getting caught in the crossfire.

I was going to make the post anyway before you replied to me, so whether you want to reply to me or not, is fine. Again, I'll do that when I get a bit of time.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I was really sad to hear about the hostages that were shot accidentally by the IDF, and also very discouraged and sad to learn some hostages were found deceased in one of the tunnels. War is very cruel and heartless.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Although not directly related to the war, this issue will certainly affect decisions related to it. As such, Israel has had a lucky escape. Imagine if they'd have allowed the government to overule their Supreme Court? It would have given them the power to do anything they want with no oversight. As it is, I'm surprised that the vote was so close, 8/15, to oppose it. After all, why would the SC rule to demote itself?

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
If this is really true, then it's absolutely despicable. I can see why Israel would do it from a strategic point of view though, if terrible human suffering doesn't matter to them.

It's obvious by now that Israel's committing genocide to cleanse the West Bank of Palestinians, so the last thing they want are the people they want to exterminate getting any help, therefore kill off the help. And look, it's working since the aid charities have immediately paused sending any further help and it "only" took 7 lives and one bombed out car to do it. Clean and efficient. 🤮

Speaking of that genocide, it's long been clear that hamas doesn't care about the Palestinians that they supposedly represent, or they'd just release all the hostages to make it finally stop. My question now is would Israel actually stop given how committed they are to it. I have my doubts.

These and more are the reasons that myself and millions of others absolutely detest war.

World Central Kitchen (WCK) founder José Andrés has accused Israeli forces in Gaza of targeting his aid workers "systematically, car by car".

Monday's strike which killed seven members of his staff was not a mistake, he said, repeating that Israeli forces had been told of their movements.

WCK workers from Australia, Canada, Poland, the UK and the US were killed as well as their Palestinian colleague.

Israel says the strike was a "grave mistake" and has apologised.

It has also promised an independent investigation.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
It's such an atrocity what happened to the aid workers.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
This poor 75 year old lady who was held hostage by militant group, terrorist gang Hamas, no longer thinks peace with Palestinians is possible and I can't say I blame her given her experience. It's a known fact that Hamas just wants to wipe Israel off the face of the earth as they've literally stated it.

An Israeli peace activist who was seized from her home on 7 October and held hostage for 53 days in Gaza has told the BBC how her ordeal destroyed her belief that peace is possible between Palestinians and Israelis.

In her first UK interview since being freed in November, Ada Sagi, 75, also told Emma Barnett on Radio 4's Today programme how she was held in an apartment by paid guards, that Hamas kept her in a hospital before her release - and that she now believes the world hates Jews.

"I don't believe in peace, no. I don't believe, sorry," the Arabic and Hebrew teacher said. "I understand Hamas don't want it."

Ms Sagi lived for decades in the Nir Oz kibbutz near the Israel-Gaza border, trying to help reconciliation efforts by teaching Israelis Arabic to speak to their neighbours.

Mars

Here is a woman that was initially actually for peace, teaching Israelis Arabic, yet once she witnessed the atrocities, she came to the painful but sobering realization that peace with Palestinians is a fantasy, an impossible utopia.
Yet, the world is deaf, blinkered, all accuse Israel; instead of seeing the reality, that it is hamas who use their own people as human shields. How despicable is that?
All Israel is doing is defending itself against an enemy whose avowed reason for existence is the destruction of Israel. So what should Israelis do, pack their bags and walk into the sea?
Power To Israel!

Back
Top Bottom