The Trump downfall thread

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Michael Kosta gets all sarcastic about Trump:

The defense rested on Tuesday. The former president did not testify.

“What? What? What?!” Kosta exclaimed. “After talking such a big game, he’s not testifying? So he’s doing the opposite of what he told us he was gonna do, over and over again?”

“That’s not the Donald Trump I know, and I played full contact hockey without a helmet this morning,” he continued.

“But it’s just so peculiar that outside the courtroom, with his legal pads of notes, he just talks and talks and talks. But then if you ask him to walk just a few feet inside the courtroom, and to swear to tell the truth under penalty of law, suddenly he’s afraid to speak.”

Yeah, funny that, innit?

Check out Kosta's video clip of this in the article.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Hey, wouldn't you know it, now Trump is suggesting a third term for president. Of course, he says not for himself, but if you believe that, you need to stop drinking the gullibility koolaid. Trump is a pathalogical liar who said he wants to be a dictator, allegedly just for a day. Yeah, sure. Have you ever known a dictator to give up power without being forcibly removed? Me neither.

Also, I said early on in this thread that Trump would want to be in power for more than two terms, ideally forever, and now I've been proved right.

Should this nightmare come to pass, at least Father Time will kill him anyway given his age, no assassination required. At the end of two more terms, he'd be 86, which is a ripe old age for anyone and especially one who has to shoulder the stresses and strains of the presidency.

Donald Trump suggested that he could go down in history as a three-term president during a National Rifle Association event over the weekend.

While delivering a keynote speech for the NRA Leadership Forum as part of the organization's annual convention on Saturday, May 18, Trump voiced his thoughts on the duration of his presidency if he returns to the White House next year, referencing the last president who served more than two terms.

"You know, FDR, 16 years – almost 16 years. He was four-term," Trump noted during his speech. "I don’t know, are we going to be considered three-term or two-term? You tell me."

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Yes! The verdict I was waiting for: Trump is guilty of all 34 charges in the hush money trial. Not only did I think we'd get a hung jury, but I figured that billionnaire Trump would use his power and influence to pressure and corrupt the jury into acquitting him. I have never been more glad to be wrong! :)

I'd like to see teflon Don try to wriggle out of this one. I believe that this is, finally, properly the start of his downfall. Sentencing is on 11th July and even if he doesn't go to prison (shame, I'd really like that) that criminal conviction will put a big damper on his campaign as lots of people aren't fooled by his lies and rhetoric.

Understandably, Biden is happy with this conviction.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Very shocking to hear in real time Trump's guilty of all counts. Historical moments too.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Indeed, Tiffs. Here's the guilty verdicts on the official scanned document.

The embed won't show a mini version of it, but clicking on the link shows the document and also has a pdf download option. Gonna keep that for posterity. 😁

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Just looked at your document on what Trump was found guilty of. Interesting to see the check numbers, voucher numbers and amounts involved. I hadn't seen that before....first seen on NerdZone! (y)

Good read from The Guardian, thank you!

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Go on Stormy, stick the knife in! :ROFLMAO:

I love that suggestion for volunteer punching bag at a women's shelter.

Stormy Daniels has called for Donald Trump to be jailed after he was convicted of 34 counts of falsifying business records.

The adult film star, who was paid $130,000 as “legal expenses” for her silence about her affair with the former US president, warned the presidential candidate is “completely and utterly out of touch with reality”.

“I think he should be sentenced to jail and some community service working for the less fortunate, or being the volunteer punching bag at a women’s shelter,” Daniels, 45, told the Sunday Mirror.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Oh look, Trump is already asking his cronies at the Supreme Court to let him off the hook. What a surprise. And he uses that ridiculous rhetoric on "Truth" Social, too that's so irritating. Just fuck off quietly into the night, will you? :rolleyes:

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
This one's pure humiliation for Trump, really rubbing salt into the wound of his hush money conviction. Glorious! :ROFLMAO:

Donald Trump’s license to carry a gun is expected to be revoked by the New York City police department now that he has been convicted of a felony, according to reports on Wednesday evening.

The former president once boasted that he was so popular with the electorate, “I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters.” He made the claim in January 2016 during the Iowa caucuses campaign.

Trump’s permit to carry a concealed weapon was suspended in April last year after he was indicted on charges of falsifying documents to cover up a payment to the adult film star Stormy Daniels, according to CNN.

Now, the NYPD is preparing to revoke Trump’s license altogether, CNN first reported, followed by NBC, with the latter citing a police spokesperson.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
...and just hurry up and stick him in jail ffs. He's really taking liberties with his lies and attacks, even with the gag orders in place, so that must have consequences for him.

Former FBI Director James Comey said Tuesday that former President Trump is “begging” to be sentenced to jail in his hush money case given his repeated criticism of the court’s process and judge.

Comey, speaking on CNN’s “The Source with Kaitlan Collins,” said while he would typically believe Trump’s charges would not constitute a jail sentence, he’s not sure in the former president’s case.

“I would ordinarily say it’s unlikely, in a white-collar offense of this sort. But this is a defendant who’s begging for a jail term by taking a flamethrower not just to the judge, but to the entire process and the jury,” Comey said Tuesday.

“A judge will take that very seriously into consideration, in deciding whether to deter this person, and to send a message, more broadly, he needs to spend some time behind bars.”

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Yes, Trump dying in prison is a great option for America and the world. Otherwise, the threat of a second Trump term remains as he's certain to run yet again in another 4 years even while rotting in jail. This time he might just get in and then the nightmare starts. We still have to get through this election in November first, though.

The article is short, so I've quoted all of it:

Former U.S. Attorney Harry Litman examined the possibility of Donald Trump dying behind bars if he doesn’t win the 2024 election.

It’s because the three remaining criminal cases against the former president would then definitely take place if in November he’s beaten again by President Joe Biden, Litman said on Wednesday’s episode of former Sen. Al Franken’s (D-Minn.) podcast.

“If he doesn’t win he has an appreciable chance of dying in prison,” Litman claimed.

“The whole time line, the whole crisis point of November goes away,” he explained. “So, if he doesn’t win on the fifth, those cases lie ready to bring.”

Trump was convicted last week in his hush money trial. He will be sentenced on July 11.

Litman predicted Judge Juan Merchan will sentence Trump to a couple of months in prison. But he stressed the presumptive GOP presidential nominee wouldn’t “see a cell for a couple of years” as he goes through the appeals process.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
This editorial explains very well why Trump needs to do time.

On July 11, four days before he accepts the Republican nomination for president, Donald Trump will be in a New York City courtroom to learn his sentence for the 34 felony offenses of which he was found guilty last month.

Justice Juan Merchan, who has presided over the case and has been the target of Trump’s near-constant attacks, will face a historic choice: to sentence the former president to jail time or a lesser punishment, like probation or community service. Merchan should choose the former.

The reason is simple: Trump’s behavior before, during, and after the trial has not only undermined the integrity of the criminal justice system, it risks creating a clear double standard in how criminal defendants are treated.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Jack Smith is finally making a proper effort to remove corrupt judge Aileen Canon. She's really fucked things up in Trump's favour and it's about time she was stopped.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Looks like Trump did a video meeting with his probation officer online today. :unsure:

I would have liked to hear that conversation.:D

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
Tulsi Gabbard stood as a Democratic Presidential candidate in 2020. During one of the TV debates she totally humiliated the current VP Kamala Harris, so much so that Kamala Harris pulled out shortly after the debate, despite that Kamala Harris is a heartbeat away from becoming President of the US.

Tulsi Gabbard left the Democratic Party as she said they have lost their way and now do not represent the party she joined. She has not however joined the Republicans.

She discusses why there is so much hate for Donald Trump.

Geffers

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Tulsi Gabbard stood as a Democratic Presidential candidate in 2020. During one of the TV debates she totally humiliated the current VP Kamala Harris, so much so that Kamala Harris pulled out shortly after the debate, despite that Kamala Harris is a heartbeat away from becoming President of the US.

Tulsi Gabbard left the Democratic Party as she said they have lost their way and now do not represent the party she joined. She has not however joined the Republicans.

She discusses why there is so much hate for Donald Trump.

Geffers

I love the way these two are completely mystified 🤷‍♂️ as to why people hate Trump / anti Trump. Just look at the abundant evidence objectively and you'll figure it out. Heck, just look at all the evidence I've posted in this thread and it's clear as day why he's unfit to be president, or anywhere near the levers of power.

There isn't a concerted effort to destroy Trump by the Democrats or anyone else either like they claim, his own continuing actions are doing that and now being a convicted felon adds massively to his unsuitability for president. Simple as that.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Looks like Trump's arrogance and inability to take responsibility for his crimes, blaming and attacking everyone else in the hush money trial is gonna help put him in jail. Poetic justice: that fetching orange jumpsuit awaits, Mr Trump...

A long-standing, unwritten rule that evolved to avoid clogging up the criminal justice system could now work to sentence newly convicted felon Donald Trump to prison when he appears before a New York City judge next month.

The former president, legal experts say, has put himself on the wrong side of a process that rewards those who do not force the state to expend the time and money for a jury trial — and punishes those who do.

“If you spare the government the expenditure of resources and accept responsibility and plead guilty early in the process, you get some credit for that,” said Rebecca Roiphe, a former state prosecutor in Manhattan and now a professor at New York University School of Law. “Trump obviously didn’t do that.”

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
I love the way these two are completely mystified 🤷‍♂️ as to why people hate Trump / anti Trump. Just look at the abundant evidence objectively and you'll figure it out. Heck, just look at all the evidence I've posted in this thread and it's clear as day why he's unfit to be president, or anywhere near the levers of power.

There isn't a concerted effort to destroy Trump by the Democrats or anyone else either like they claim, his own continuing actions are doing that and now being a convicted felon adds massively to his unsuitability for president. Simple as that.
Here is the contents of a post by a black US police officer (I mention black merely because Trump is always branded as racist yet he has increasing support amongst the black community) about the political legal attack on Trump.

Dems found an obscure law, twisted it to become a felony, changed the statute of limitations, got an activist judge, who wasn’t in the rotation to preside over the trial, and then influenced the jurors to go after a man who’d been a law-abiding citizen his entire life.
He is the only President who's personal wealth decreased whilst in office, partly because he took no wages for the four years in office, all donated to charity. Look at many other politicians who's wealth increased by far more than their wages could do so. Obama and Clintons in particular. During Trump's Presidency no new wars were started, very unusual for a President, border was secured, this resulted in less drugs across the border, particularly fentanyl. Peace was starting to become a possibility in the Middle East with the Abraham Accord, Kim Jong Un stopped firing missiles. I'm convinced many of the current US (and world) problems are in part due to what Tulsi Gabbard discussed, which is hatred of Trump, some of Biden's first actions was to cancel some Trump policies, the initial cancelling of the Keystone Pipeline was the catalyst for the energy shortage and resulting inflation. The cancelling of the Southern Border wall has resulted in unprecedented numbers entering US adding to infrastructure problems and of course the drug cartels love it.

A further video by Tulsi Gabbard suggests that the Democrats are trying to get Trump killed by attempting to get his security entitlement removed owing to this 'convicted felon' label which they use relentlessly. Just a reminder, Tulsi Gabbard was a Democratic politician for 8 years representing Hawaii, she left the Democrats because of the direction they were heading, she has NOT joined the Republican Party and owes Trump to allegiance, here is another video (again posted by a black Trump supporter) from her giving an opinion of Trump.

Geffers

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
After all the incendiary lies that Trump continues to spread about Biden, the Biden campaign is now hitting back with some inconvenient truths about Trump by trolling his 78th birthday with 78 "achievements".

“Happy birthday, Donald. You’re a crook, a failure, a fraud, and a threat to our democracy, economy, rights, and future,” Biden campaign spokesperson James Singer said in a statement. “On behalf of America, our early gift for your 79th: Making sure you are never President again.”

Keep going, Mr Biden. Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire and this is one of those times.

Back
Top Bottom