The Trump downfall thread

Uncrowned

I feel like Trump would still be the President and have an entirely different outlook on him if he just hired someone to moderate anything that he is about to post online.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I feel like Trump would still be the President and have an entirely different outlook on him if he just hired someone to moderate anything that he is about to post online.
Indeed, no civil boundaries. I miss the era of presidents that were respected no matter the party in office.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Trump to be arrested next Tuesday? We can but hope.

Donald Trump has claimed that he will be arrested on Tuesday and called for protests to “take our nation back”.

In a furious all-caps post on his Truth Social page, the former president railed against “a corrupt & highly political Manhattan district attorney’s office” which is likely to bring charges against Mr Trump over a hush money payment made to adult film star Stormy Daniels before the 2016 election.

“NOW ILLEGAL LEAKS FROM A CORRUPT & HIGHLY POLITICAL MANHATTAN DISTRICT ATTORNEYS OFFICE, WHICH HAS ALLOWED NEW RECORDS TO BE SET IN VIOLENT CRIME & WHOSE LEADER IS FUNDED BY GEORGE SOROS, INDICATE THAT, WITH NO CRIME BEING ABLE TO BE PROVEN, & BASED ON AN OLD & FULLY DEBUNKED (BY NUMEROUS OTHER PROSECUTORS!) FAIRYTALE, THE FAR & AWAY LEADING REPUBLICAN CANDIDATE & FORMER PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, WILL BE ARRESTED ON TUESDAY OF NEXT WEEK. PROTEST, TAKE OUR NATION BACK!”

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Watching the news right now. It's astonishing. I get it, if you commit a crime then you deserve a trial and for your peers to determine guilt or innocence. The thing is America is in for rioting again....and it will all depend on how this is handled. If Trump is handcuffed and perp-walked you can guarantee Maga people will go ballistic with riots. Makes me really sad for the US.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I think the more they riot, the more they should nail him. Just shows how much of a cult he is that it should be crushed.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
No one should be above the law, but how our justice system handles this could deeply divide a country that's already so polarized by too many social issues already. No one talks anymore, they just hate.

Here's an article from Politico (1 year ago) pointing out that Hilary Clinton had similar charges against her and how her case was negotiated by paying fines rather then being arrested. I'm adding this article in the off chance something goes down differently on Tuesday as this could be Trump's lawyers argument to avoid arrest.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
There's chatter that Trump is walking back his imminent arrest statement fromTS. I can't find legitimate news on that yet....just chatter. Still, him encouraging "protests" is extremely dangerous. It's a shame to think this way, but honestly, if I had to drive into "town" somewhere on Tuesday, which implies the major city I live closest too, I think I'd move that appointment to another day and not go out anywhere.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
To think this man could foment another riot, yet still be in the running for president is frightening.

I think you're right to stay away that day.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member

Later Saturday, in a follow-up on Truth Social, Trump repeated the message in all caps, writing, “THEY’RE KILLING OUR NATION AS WE SIT BACK & WATCH. WE MUST SAVE AMERICA! PROTEST, PROTEST, PROTEST!!!”

Whether you are a Trumper or not, Trump is "inciting" violence by using the words "protest" three times in a message. There are too many unstable people mentally, that can not distinguish the difference between incitement language to actually taking physical action.

CyberGeek

I've gotten into politics lately. I wish Trump wasn't banned from Twitter!
I've been following a lot of Elon Musk stuff on the news :D

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Elon Musk is interesting .....still holding out judgement on Twitter since he bought it.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
There's a few discussions on Elon Musk; here's one:

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I've gotten into politics lately. I wish Trump wasn't banned from Twitter!
I've been following a lot of Elon Musk stuff on the news :D
Well, Musk unbanned him, but Trump hasn't posted since. Apparently, he's got some sort of contract with investors about keeping the value of Truth Social high and posting on Twitter would break the agreement. I honestly thought he wouldn't be able to resist posting eventually, but he hasn't.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I read last night that the indictment will be today and next week, Trump will be required to surrender himself for arraignment. Of course, this could all change.

I'm rather disgusted with this whole ordeal. No clear news on the indictment anywhere depending on where you get your news from. One set of news outlets will say the charges are a misdemeanor while other news outlets will say it's a federal offense. So what is it? Can "they" just give the news and facts without the drama? :unsure:

@Retro Thanks for those links; there's no class in requesting to being arrested in a full perp-walk (Trump)....that incites his deep base to action.

@CyberGeek Agreed; Trump is driven to maximize any news to his advantage. I've grown fatigued....like a long time ago.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
And he's still not been charged. I wouldn't be surprised if they'd initially wanted to do it today, but are holding off as otherwise it would play into his cult narrative, eg to handcuff him and make him look like a martyr to his cult followers.

CyberGeek

And he's still not been charged. I wouldn't be surprised if they'd initially wanted to do it today, but are holding off as otherwise it would play into his cult narrative, eg to handcuff him and make him look like a martyr to his cult followers.
I was betting on that! 😂😂😂

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
The grand jury put a "lid" on it yesterday and may be meeting again on Trump's indictment today? I found way too much news that didn't jive on what exactly was going on. Too much bias in reporting on this, so hard to figure out what's up....at least for me.

Back
Top Bottom