Uber bosses told staff to use ‘kill switch’ during raids to stop police seeing data

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
This is about as corrupt as it gets. However, I'd wondered about this sort of thing long before reading this article so I'm not surprised that this company especially would use such tactics and I reckon it happens a lot, especially with companies that have something to hide.

Apparently, it didn't happen in England though and I've always found the Uber service to be very good. Uber Eats howevr, varies a lot depending on the quality of the individual courier, so I'm not as keen on this service. It's expensive, too.

Senior executives at Uber ordered the use of a “kill switch” to prevent police and regulators from accessing sensitive data during raids on its offices in at least six countries, leaked files reveal.

The instructions to block authorities from accessing its IT systems were part of a sophisticated global operation by the Silicon Valley company to thwart law enforcement.

The Uber files, a cache of confidential company data leaked to the Guardian, reveal how the company deployed its kill switch at least 12 times in France, the Netherlands, Belgium, India, Hungary and Romania.

The Guardian has just published several articles on its front page relating to Uber scandels. Well worth a read, so click the picture to see them.

Capture.JPG

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
It's rare to find a large company that isn't corrupt, anymore, which is why I like the smaller businesses. The smaller businesses care more that you were a happy customer. Trying to find a small business left to support is another challenge, however, since the pandemic.

Crims

Wethermon
Resurrecting this thread. Yeah, I have noticed a huge upswing in anything small business. Def what I prefer too.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
@Crims Agreed, anything that you can do to support a small business or positive start-up business is great!

Back
Top Bottom