Vitamin D3 supplements have even more health benefits

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Turns out that vitamin D supplements have even more health benefits than previously thought.

These are such a cheap and easy way to improve health that taking them is almost a no-brainer. Still, always talk to your doctor before doing so.

A huge new landmark study, collaborating with scientists from institutions across China and the United States, has revealed how Vitamin D supplements can greatly impact your health, even more than was previously believed. This particularly revealed its positive impact on cardiometabolic risk factors, which is a leading cause of death globally and could potentially change the way it’s treated.

This included controlling blood pressure and overall cholesterol. The supplement also had a positive effect on multiple factors affecting a person’s diabetes risk and symptoms such as their fasting blood glucose, haemoglobin A1C, and fasting blood insulin.

Dr. Sten Ekberg goes into a lot of detail on how the D3 is obtained and processed in the body. Crucially, he explains how important it is not to overdose on it, but watch the next video talking about high doses of D3 and saying the opposite.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is the video version of the above article. Here, Dr. John Campbell talks about a 7 year study which showed that high doses of D3 did no harm whatsoever, so who do you believe? I'm inclined to believe that high doses are safe as this is a properly researched long term study, so I don't know why the opposite advice is given in the first video. I suspect that there might still be truth in what doctor Ekberg says though because as with everything, moderation is the key and there's always an upper limit to everything. Watch both and make up your own mind, but bottom line is to see your doctor before taking this, like anything else.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Here's the study referred to in the second video:

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Good article, and good that it cautions you on high dosing Vitamin D3. If you take high doses of Vitamin D3, you can build up plaque in your arteries. The only item that the article missed is the recommendation to take K2 with Vitamin D3 for best absorption and to deter from forming plaque. I do take my Vitamin D3 with K2 everyday and I take it at night, because it seems to help me sleep better. If I wake up in the middle of the night and I can tell it's going to be "one of those nights", then I'll take an extra. My vitamin D3 is in 1000 IU, so it's easy to take an extra dose if I need it. Can't say enough about taking Vitamin D3 for so many good reasons!

Back
Top Bottom